Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:01:24 PM EDT
Here is my dad's pride and joy.  Sad that I have it now, but that's beside the point.  The point is it's a beauty.  Sorry about the crummy picture.  Taking a good picture of a gun is tough.

Interesting facts
1. It's a Colt Python (357 magnum)
2. the trigger job is probably worth more than the gun itself
3. It was the gun that my dad carried when more than the average schmuck was trying to kill him ( he was a cop back in the day)
4. He could hit a 9 inch pie plate at 100 yds back then.  Yes, that's yards, not feet.  

I took it to the range today and I could keep that kind of grouping at 25 yards, but no more.  Maybe if I work at it.  I would love to do it at 50, but 100 will probably never happen for me.

Uh, I can't figure out how to up the picture up.  Suggestions anyone.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
For photos, open a free account at www.photobucket.com for hosting, then just copy the board code from there, post in your reply here, and your photo will appear.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt Pythons have GREAT triggers. I remember shooting the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket reliably at 120 yards from a hard weaver with an 8 or so inch barreled python. Good times.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be able to hit a 9" plate at 100 yds with an unrifled rock, if you can't do it with a good Revolver tell your wife I said you need to spend much more time at the range.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You should be able to hit a 9" plate at 100 yds with an unrifled rock, if you can't do it with a good Revolver tell your wife I said you need to spend much more time at the range. hr

I will give you no arguement about me needing more time at the range.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
send it to me, I'll host it: [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top