Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2003 6:52:52 AM EDT
1. Like some other handguns (Springfield XD) you can use the .40 10 round mags with 15 9mm and they function good...will this work in the 92 with 96 mags?

2. Does anyone make a magazine extension to add more rounds...YES, I know this would only be added to a pre-ban mag.

3. Besides the Die-hard "If it ain't a factory mag...it ain't shit" people...are there any extended capacity 9mm beretta 92 mags that are any good...20rd. 30rd....I used USA brand 30 rounders in my glocks and had excellent luck.

All the questions are due to picking up a Storm this weekend and now I need to think MAGS.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#1]
1) No...well let me back up a bit there and say that it has never worked for me...they would hold only 11 or so. I have friends who tell me that the SA Vektor SP1...a Beretta 9mm copy with some improvements...will use mags from the SP2, which is a .40, and they DO hold more rounds...so maybe the jury is still out on this one

2) Not that I ever recall seeing...you might try Brownell's though and see what they offer

3) No, although the factory did make 20 rounders and hopefully they will become available again after the ban expires (please, please) I have never seen a non-factory mag for the Beretta that was reliable, but IF such a thing does exist, it was probably made by MegCar
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
1. Like some other handguns (Springfield XD) you can use the .40 10 round mags with 15 9mm and they function good...will this work in the 92 with 96 mags?

The should function okay but I personally don't see any reason to risk getting caught with them when legal 15 rounder 92 mags are so cheap.

2. Does anyone make a magazine extension to add more rounds...YES, I know this would only be added to a pre-ban mag.
Yes.  I don't remember the name but there's only one or two companies that make them.

3. Besides the Die-hard "If it ain't a factory mag...it ain't shit" people...are there any extended capacity 9mm beretta 92 mags that are any good...20rd. 30rd....I used USA brand 30 rounders in my glocks and had excellent luck.
I've had okay but not great luck with a USA 30rounder I bought.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The should function okay but I personally don't see any reason to risk getting caught with them when legal 15 rounder 92 mags are so cheap.

Yes.  I don't remember the name but there's only one or two companies that make them.

I've had okay but not great luck with a USA 30rounder I bought.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:36:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your input...

It isn't illegal...it's been checked out. Not by me personally, but it was addressed on another board to the ATF.

I will just have to try ONE of a particular 20 or 30rd aftermarket mag...if it works I'll buy more.

I think 20rds would be ideal for the Storm carbine.

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:08:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm already deciding against it because factory 10rd 40 mags are still $40.

I have done this with success on the XD 40 mags with 9mm.....it works perfect. Another forum said the the beretta 40 mags had the exact same distance between feed lips as a 9mm mag.

It was just a thought.....I've already moved on.

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#7]

ram line makes nice quality 18 round magsflush base pad.29 bucks.also eagle makes a very nice well built high quality 19 round mag.again flush mount.they run 39 dollers.i have at least 20 15,16,17,18 and 19 round mags for my beretta.they all work wonderfully.even when they have been full for several months.never a hicup!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top