Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2011 1:39:15 PM EDT
I installed the kit and the trigger return spring doesn't seem right.  The loop of the spring that the trigger pin goes through is not centered with the body of the spring like the loop on the other end.  It doesn't look right to me and causes the spring to rub against the inside of the trigger.  The spring literally flexes to one side when it is hooked on the trigger pin.  I would post pics, but its already back together.  Is this normal?
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I installed the kit and the trigger return spring doesn't seem right.  The loop of the spring that the trigger pin goes through is not centered with the body of the spring like the loop on the other end.  It doesn't look right to me and causes the spring to rub against the inside of the trigger.  The spring literally flexes to one side when it is hooked on the trigger pin.  I would post pics, but its already back together.  Is this normal?

Detailed pics please
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Detailed pics please

Smartass  I tried, but I can't get a good pic with the pistol assembled.  All I can say is when I put the trigger return spring on I thought "there is no way this can be right".  I thought about trying to bend the loop, but I don't want to screw it up more.  I emailed APEX about it and am waiting to hear from them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
there is a very detailed video on their website i believe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 3:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
there is a very detailed video on their website i believe.

I watched the video and just looking at the spring, its hard to tell a difference.  But when its installed it looks VERY different than theirs.  Imagine a spring with the hook off to one side, when its stretched it doesn't pull straight.  Its causing the spring to cant and rub the trigger tabs.  Hopefully I will hear from APEX soon.  Only problem is they seem to be out of stock on the springs for about two more weeks.  I'm impatient!
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
APEX replied to my e-mail and they are sending me a new spring today!  It seems they made a minor change somewhere along the line and I have the older version spring.  I just bought it from G&R Tactical last week.  They must have stocked up on kits a while back and still have the kits containing the older spring.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The replacement spring showed up today.  It looks much better than the one that was in the kit.  Both loops are in the center of the spring like they should be.  +1 for APEX customer service!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top