Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 5:51:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Stainless 92FS and I stoke it with the 124gr +P+ hydroshocks. I definately think that they're worth it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
what you have now should be quite effective..........
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Almost without exception, the +P and +P+ 9mm rounds have been found to be more effective for defense.  That's not to say the standard pressure loads are ineffective (such as your 147gr HS) they're just not AS effective as good +P and +P+ rounds.

SGB's carry load of the 124gr +P+ HS is a good one.  Some of my personal favorites:

1. Winchester Ranger SXT 127gr +P+
2. Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P
3. Speer Gold Dot 115gr +P+
4. Federal Hydra Shok 124gr +P+
5. Remington Golden Saber 124gr +P

Definitely worth getting some for carry ammo.  Use NATO ball for practice as that will let you practice with ammo having similar ballistics, recoil impulse, and muzzle blast as the premium high velocity carry ammo.

There will be some increased wear and tear to the gun by practicing with higher pressure ammo, but the difference is minimal with a well built gun like your 92FS.  I've put lots of 9mm NATO through a 9mm Glock with no adverse effects whatsoever.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently purchased some of the new Federal 124g +P expanding point FMJ (ammoman's still got some), and was very pleased with the performance.  Shot five rounds and recovered 3 of the slugs.  Very consistant expansion in wet clay/mud, all 150%+ expanded.  It was almost eerie how controlled the expansion is, the slugs were hard to tell apart from eachother.  If anyone has a 9mm that has trouble feeding hollowpoints, take a look at these.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top