Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 4:38:11 PM EDT
Just thought I'd post them since a lot of people seem to ask questions about them.  Both are very nice guns.  The majority of my handgun collection consists of various models of HK USP's and SIG's.  Still waiting on my latest Form 4 for an Evolution 9 that I bought back in July last year.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
--Nice pair of "evil" pistols!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice weapons. I saw a GLOCK 34 the other day with fixed night sights and an extended threaded barrel that I would have loved.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
same thread pitch on both barrels?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
same thread pitch on both barrels?

Yes.  13.5x1LH...  same threading as my AAC Evolution 9.  That's the European standard threading for 9mm barrels.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Of the two which do you like better?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Good question.

I shoot USP's better than any other handgun, so if we're going for actual USE, I'd probably take that one.  However, that's just me, so it's not really applicable to anyone else.

Here's my comparison...  bear in mind that I am not going to compare the actual handguns since there are as many people that would say that a USP is better as would say that a SiG is better.

Price:  On average, the USP9SD is about $150-200 less expensive than the SiG P226R Tactical

Sights:  USP9SD has elevated, adjustable sights while the SiG has night sights.  My nod here goes to the SiG.  With night sights and both-eyes-open shooting, you don't really need the elevated sights.  The HK sights are all black - no dots or anything.  I didn't like that.  The USP9SD sights would be the first thing I'd change on this gun - I'd want night sights.

Barrel:  Both have a 13.5X1LH thread pitch.  The USP9SD gets the nod here because it comes with a thread protector; the SiG doesn't.

Gun case:  The SiG comes with the same Blue case you get with any other SiG.  The USP9SD comes with the nice black zippered case with the pouches that can be rearranged (velcro), cleaning kit and even a suppressor and accessor pouch.  Nod to the HK USP9SD here.

Magazines:  Both come with two factory 15rd mags.

Rails:  HK uses their proprietary rail (yes, you can get adapters, but they are a bit awkward)...  SiG uses a standard rail.  Nod definitely goes to SiG.

My take is that the SiG is the better gun given the rail and sights, but only if it's worth an extra $200 to you.  It should be noted as well that the SiG is apparently limited to only 300 made.  SiG doesn't sell the threaded barrel except with this gun.

If I could only buy one of them, I'd go with the USP - and then buy new sights for it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#7]
If you change to night sights, you will want to be careful with the suppressor you choose.  The tritium dots on the adj sights sit lower than the top of the blade.  The front dot generally will NOT see over a suppressor. The normal adj sights use the top of the blade for POI/POA, which DOES see over the suppressor.

I have USP Tacticals with the adj night sights, they do not see over any .45 can I have used.  The USP9SD I have with normal adj sights sees over all the cans.

Just my advice.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#8]
jtb33, just to let you know I picked up a P226R Tactical and it DID come with a thread protector. I'm starting to think mine is the only one out there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
jtb33, just to let you know I picked up a P226R Tactical and it DID come with a thread protector. I'm starting to think mine is the only one out there.

Want to sell it?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice review, thanks.

Alot of people say a H&K is a wider gun with a large grip. Is that just for the .45 ?

Is the 9mm H&K grips size simular to the Sig?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:18:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Want to sell it?  

LOL, uh.........no.

Heck, maybe the dealer was playing with the Sig and a HK  Tac at the same time and forgot which one had the protector.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Does the USP9SD have a factory 2-stage trigger? Like the Tactical 45?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top