Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 6:48:11 PM EDT
i just got a Glock 19 can i shoot 9mm+P  NATO ammo  threw it. i also have this ammo its ADCOM, 124 grain  FMJ i run both of these  in my OLY AR15 9mm and eats it up, i have over 1000 rds. of this and 300 rds. of +P  NATO.
if i cant use any of  these i was thinking about getting WWB 100 rd. value pack how's this stuff for plinking in the Glock
thanks
DJ1075

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
NATO is rated higher than +P if I remember right.  +P and NATO should be fine.  You'll get more wear from hotter loads, but the gun will handle many thousands of rounds just fine.  The only thing that'll need replacing is recoil springs at some point.

For just plinking I myself would get cheap stuff like WWB.  Why pay more just to put holes in paper?  But for defense and general carry JHP in regular or +P is nice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
NATO is rated higher than +P if I remember right.  +P and NATO should be fine.  You'll get more wear from hotter loads, but the gun will handle many thousands of rounds just fine.  The only thing that'll need replacing is recoil springs at some point.

For just plinking I myself would get cheap stuff like WWB.  Why pay more just to put holes in paper?  But for defense and general carry JHP in regular or +P is nice.

who says the surplus is more expensive, it's fine for that pistol
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have thousands of +p, hundreds of +p+, some Hirtenberger, and quite a bit of NATO ball through my GLOCK 19 with no issues.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
The Glock will take it, probably better than any other 9mm out  there.  Tear it up!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Glock will take it, probably better than any other 9mm out  there.  Tear it up!

Or TRY to tear it up.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I shot some powr ball 100gr +p that is rated over 1400fps and it had some kick but my 19 handled  just fine.  No worries with shooting +p or +p+ in Glocks
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks guys for your input.i just wanted check before i load up and go to range with some +P.plus its eay to carry one type of ammo for both guns G-19 or my OLY AR15 9mm.
one last thing i have to say is "GLOCKS ARE AWESOME"
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, GLOCKS are pretty awesome, I've had mine for only about 6 months.  I've put about 1000 rnds threw it, mostly WWB with ZERO problems.  Shoot the shit out of it and enjoy!!

--VT
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#9]
The hotter the 9mm ammo, the better in Glocks. I have a 17,19, and 26 and the best shooting load IMO is 115 grain +P+. Remington, Winchester, Federal it doesn't matter they are all good. Speer golddot 124 grain +P is excellent too.

Higher power ammo generally increases reliability in an autopistol. You will probably wear out before your 9mm Glock does.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I run Federal HST +P+ in my G17.  Great defensive ammo IMO.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
MY G19 has chewed up quite a few +p+ rounds in 127 grn  i wouldnt worry a bit, the gldcok will keep on eatin it if you can afford to feed it
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks for all the responses the have been a great help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top