Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2003 8:11:32 PM EDT
On Berettausa.com they have both listed under full size pistols.  What is the difference between them?  I'm new to the beretta world.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The Brigadier has a bit beefier slide & the muzzle is flush with the slide instead of extending past it, IIRC. Seems like the hammer is slightly different too but I'm not certain on that.

I own a 92FS, damn fine gun. Be prepared to pay for a trigger job though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a bunch! I am leaning towards the 96FS.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The difference between a regular FS and a regular FS Brigadier is that the Brigadier has the heavier, reinforced slide and different sights.  The thicker slide allows them to use a dovetailed front sight so they are easier to replace.

There are numerous other versions that can have different hammers, triggers and or barrels.  For example, the slightly shorter barrel that is flush with the end of the slide was done at the request of the Border Patrol and was initially only available on the special edition 'Border Marshall' model, which had the heavier slide, the flush barrel and tritium sights.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks a bunch! I am leaning towards the 96FS.

Allow me to say the .40 is a solution looking for a problem. IMO, it'll do nothing a good 9mm rd won't do. Except maybe have high pressure.

Seems like I see 92 hi-cap mags much more often than the .40 hi-caps.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a new stainless 92 brig about 5 years ago and its the best shooting, looking, and most reliable pistol in my opinion. I would expect the same from the 96
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#6]
96 Brig has the beefier slide as mentioned, dove tail front sight too. The regular 96FS Brig has the standard 4.9" barrel.
The brig's are known not to work well with suppressors due to the slower cycle time. I bet I could fix it though with differing main spring weight and tailored ammo loads.
There are many variants of the 9x series using the brig slide format. Such as the Elite series.
Best thing about the brig IMO is the dovetail front sight. This makes it easy to swap if you intend to get night sights. It helps somewhat with recoil too.
Both are good guns.
I'm rather fond of the 92G Elite II Brig. Enough to trust my (and more importaintly my wifes) life too.
-Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top