Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2003 8:47:20 AM EDT
Just shot my 92 for the first time.  Have not shot pistol in two years.  Did ok once I realized the bullets were hitting about 8" low at fifty feet.  Using surplus middle east 9mm ammo which is old and probably contributing.  (also need to upgrade my eyeglasses as I could not properly focus)  What ammo is closest to NATO spec?  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The Berreta is set up so that you'll hit POA if you put the white dot in the front sight over your target.  Not the best for match shooting, but it works well if the target is moving and/or shooting back.  I believe you can get different height rear sights to adjust if you want.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe try a little closer until you get more aquainted with it.
You may even be pulling downward as you pull the trigger, anticipating the recoil.
Mine shot left and I could not drift the sight to the right...it's on there!
Finding someone with a sight pusher helped as it now cuts cloverleafs in the bullseye, RH side however, with WW 115 Grain bulkpack ammo and a "normal" sight picture.
I have seen Beretta factory rear sights offered with a windage adjustment and assorted blades for elevation...at a retail of $70, I will hold off a bit...due to sticker shock!
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#3]
My 92FS shoots high with 115gr, POA with 124gr.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I remeber reading on one of the Beretta forums that this was a common complaint.

I bought a Mec Gar adjustable rear sight for my 92-FS for about $50.00 - $60.00. They make a white outline version and a dot version.

The rear dovetail slot is tapered. (I think I had to remove the old sight from left to right).

I used a nylon bench block and brass drift to get it off... it wasn't easy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top