Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 1:06:00 PM EDT
My 92G Police Special Vertec is inbound and was wondering if anyone had any insight / pics of their pistol?  Am thinking about a laser for the rails in lieu of a light, so if anyone has any recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe a laser that replaces the recoil rod AND a surefire?

How are you liking your new Vertec?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my FS Vertec
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I LOVE my Beretta 96 Vertec. Two years ago I added an M6 Light/Laser to it and it has withstood ALOT of rounds. You really cannot beat the way that grip feels and I have large hands. My only other pistol is an HK USP .40 S&W and I like it too, but man the Beretta sure is sweet with the light and laser. Have fun and be sure to buy alot of ammo so that you can get good with the irons first and practice proper trigger discipline. A laser is no good at all if you cannot pull the trigger correctly, but if you can, the laser is honestly impossible to beat. You can shoot your pistol from the hip, or from other awkward postions without having to look at the sights. One common misconception is that the laser guides the projectile, it doesn't. People I have seen have a tendency to think that the round will strike EXACTLY where the laser is no matter what. This often leads to unhappy users who have no clue about practical pistol shooting and the basics of shooting a pistol.

I really think you'll enjoy it, I know I LOVE mine. Have fun!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My 92G Police Special Vertec is inbound and was wondering if anyone had any insight / pics of their pistol?  Am thinking about a laser for the rails in lieu of a light, so if anyone has any recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe a laser that replaces the recoil rod AND a surefire?

How are you liking your new Vertec?

Could always get the M6 that is a light and a laser...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 [qb]Am thinking about a laser for the rails in lieu of a light, so if anyone has any recommendations...[/qb]

Hi,

I have a few Vertecs and if you're interested in a laser sighting devise, I would encourage you to consider a set of CTC laser grips. www.crimsontrace.com/

They are comfortable for many people, they allow for windage/elevation adjustment, and they are pressure activated when you grip the pistol.

This option will leave your rail free for a light. I prefer the Insight Technology M3.

God Bless,
David
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem with the Trace system is that indexing causes you to block out the laser. Or it could be just the way I hold my fingerhad
I shot the new version PX9 (I think that is right). I liked the size and mechanics of it. Once they are out there a lil' more, I may buy one of those instead.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my 92 FS Vertec.  What differences are the between it and the Police Special?  
My only dislike was the plastic guide rod.  So I ordered the Gold Coated one and spring from Beretta.  Now it is happy  

I think I might at some point get the M6 light and laser, I just dont have 200+ bucks to drop on it.  Especially when my rifles and shotgun are getting hungry and tired of sitting around.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#7]
if you want a laser, I highly suggest looking at the lasermax. It is a completely internal laser that has a button on each side of the gun that you push to turn it on. If you usually index then it would work perfectly. The only downside is the price, about $350.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, guys for the info.  Brandon - will be checking out the Lasermax as you suggested.  Going to the range this afternoon for the first time with the 92G, it feels great and am sure it will shoot nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top