Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:21:25 PM EDT
I am going to be picking up a 92G-SD in the near future.

The 92FS is my issue gun at work, and I also want it for a suppressor host.

Anyone here have one? Is it IDPA legal? Any other thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for IDPA.  But I own one and love it.  Only downside I've seen thus far is unavailability of holsters.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can't speak for IDPA.  But I own one and love it.  Only downside I've seen thus far is unavailability of holsters.  

Will it fit in holsters for the Vertec?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Will it fit in holsters for the Vertec?

Let me know after you order one and try it out...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:00:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Let me know after you order one and try it out...

It will fit in the 6004/6280, according to Safariland. That's good news at least.

I'm not going to try and CCW the thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had a 92G-SD since 2002.  15K rounds through it and counting.  I have never had a problem with it, and all those bullets were either Winchester White box, or Lancer Ammo bulk 9mm in 115gr and 124gr.

It is IDPA legal if you keep it stock, see the IDPA sight for what the regs are for the different categories.

The nice thing is, parts are easy to get and they are easy to work on.  I have done some spring changing and some home tinkering on the action and it is nice and SMOOTH.

For holsters, the current 6004 from Safariland fits berettas with rails and brigadier slides.  I have a Blade-Tech hip holster, not injection molded, that was marked for a VERTEC with rail and it fits perfectly.  I was able to try it at the gun shop before purchase, that is why I knew it fit.

Some upgrades, as we all seem to do over time, have been:

Barnhart Burner Grips
Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sight
16lb hammer spring (works fine will 115gr ball and up ammo and significantly reduces double action pull)

Hit the local gun shows for mags, easy to come by 15rd Beretta made in Italy mags for about $15 here in VA, not sure about OR.

Hope this helps, around 50K or so your locking block may break or sooner if you are using +P ammo all the time.  Those are harder to find, and a little pricey.  I am sure people have had failures sooner and later than that, but that is my experience with Beretta 92 series in general.

I have no idea about suppressor use.

Enjoy, great pistol.

rgr9707

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Would you please help me understand more about the 92G - SD?

What does the SD stand for?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
standard duty (SD)  ???
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Would you please help me understand more about the 92G - SD?

What does the SD stand for?

"special duty" = light rail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_92G-SD/96G-SD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top