Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2002 7:17:04 PM EDT
I just got my USA brand 15 round mags in from Ajax Grip Company.  $12.95 each and they function perfectly.  Not that I would expect anything else from USA, I have 5 Glock 19 mags and 35-20, 30 and 40 rounders for my SP-1, plus 3 detachables for my SKS.  Never a jam with any of them.

Just thought this info might be helpful to someone looking for mags but reluctant to try aftermarkets.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Might not hurt to post this in the Magazine forum also

Jamie
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You sure a lucky getting all those USA mags to work in your stuff..I wouldn't use anything but USA GI or Italian OE Beretta mags for self protection.. But I have a 30 round USA stick mag for my Beretta92FS and it works fine....
I was lucky and found some for sale a Fort Knox Sulpus store bought 10 for $100 and then bought all new springs from Wolff... Good luck with the Beretta they are the best pistols going I also have Glocks,Sigs,Rugers but the 92F is by far the best at least for me...
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no problem with using the USA mags in my Glock 19 for protection since I have fired thousands of round out of them without a single malfunction.  As for the Beretta, I will try them out more extensively before using any of them for carry.

I agree with you about the quality of the 92FS.  I own 2 Glocks (just traded a third in), a Ruger P85 (my father uses that one), a Sig P229 (probably trade that one soon, just got it, but it's just not right for me) and alot of revolvers.  The Glocks are just natural shooters for me, but the quality of the Beretta is outstanding and just as comfortable and natural as the Glocks.

After shooting DA revolvers my whole life, then converting to semi-auto's with the Glocks, I find a traditonal DA auto difficult to get used to.  I know it will just take a little time and the Beretta has an outstanding trigger.  Compared to my Sig P229 .40 DAO, the Beretta wins hands down.  Anyone interested in a trade?

I bought alot of the USA mags for the AR15 off another trader site.  The person was selling 12-20 rounders, 13-30 rounders and 2-40 rounders, new in wrapper for $120 shipped.  I bought them instantly.  When I opened the box, I got more than that, e-mailed the seller to tell him of the mistake, and he told me not to worry about it.  He had extras, did not know the reputation of the USA mags and wanted me to keep everything he sent me.  Great guy!  I have had no problems with them at all.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I cut new mag catch holes in some Sig P226 mags, and after putting in Beretta or Taurus followers, they work perfectly in a Taurus.

For those that don't know, a Taurus 92F mag is nearly identical to a Beretta 92 mag, except the mag catch hole is bigger in the Taurus.  A Taurus mag will work fine in a Beretta.  A Beretta mag can be made to work by increasing the hole size.  Compare to a Taurus mag to see where to enlarge.
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some of the Pro-Mags, since they have a pretty good reputation.

All 4 15-rounders funtion fine with JHP and FMJ. 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr all feed fine.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not used the USA mags in my 92FS , but have had bad luck with them in my AR-15's.  

I have little confidence in USA but again I am biased.  You get what you pay for!
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#8]
If you keep your eyes open you can find some fine quality used factory magazines for the 92. Pre-ban police and military turn ins and imports.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top