Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 11:11:15 PM EDT
I recently bought some USGI Magazines from LC Industries that seem to be a cheap aftermarket mag that seems to be worse than Checkmate ones.  They are blued with a plastic followers and floorplates.  I thought the Government went back to Factory Beretta Magazines after the screw ups with Checkmate Brand Magazines ?  

www.buylci.com

click on buy as guest, then type in magazine.

They do have some nice USGI Okay Brand M-16 Magazines for $12.23 with free shipping.  This company sells only USGI items. everything from pens to Duce Gear.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I recently bought some USGI Magazines from LC Industries that seem to be a cheap aftermarket mag that seems to be worse than Checkmate ones.  They are blued with a plastic followers and floorplates.  I thought the Government went back to Factory Beretta Magazines after the screw ups with Checkmate Brand Magazines ?

Are they marked in any way? The so-called "Asian military" magazines making the rounds a few years ago were the same; thin, weak sheet metal bodies, light springs that sometimes wouldn't feed properly or lock the slide back, and black plastic followers. They weren't marked, save for the "MADE IN TAIWAN R.O.C." stickers, usually on the floorplate.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

seem to be a cheap aftermarket mag that seems to be worse than Checkmate ones.  

I use Checkmate all the time w/o a single bobble. What problems are you having with yours? Or are you going on internet stories?????
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

seem to be a cheap aftermarket mag that seems to be worse than Checkmate ones.  

I use Checkmate all the time w/o a single bobble. What problems are you having with yours? Or are you going on internet stories?????

I used the Checkmate Mags in the marine Corps and evryone of them are worthless.  I do not understand why the Government uses cheap aftermarket mags.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

www.buylci.com

click on buy as guest, then type in magazine.

They do have some nice USGI Okay Brand M-16 Magazines for $12.23 with free shipping.  This company sells only USGI items. everything from pens to Duce Gear.

What did you have to do to purchase them?  I registered, but that is as far as it ever went.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Actual USGI mags will have the manuacturer stamped on the mag body as well as the NSN for that item.  I am active Army but have never seen a LC Ind mag.  If the mags do not have the above markings they are not USGI.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Actual USGI mags will have the manuacturer stamped on the mag body as well as the NSN for that item.  I am active Army but have never seen a LC Ind mag.  If the mags do not have the above markings they are not USGI.

LC Industries does not make them, they are a supplier of items the Government buys.  The mags thet sell are Okay Brand.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LC Industries does not make them, they are a supplier of items the Government buys.  The mags thet sell are Okay Brand.

So Marine, whats stamped on the M9 mags?  If they are USGI mags they will have the manufacturer and NSN stamped on them.  The Okay mags are M16/M4 mags, so we are still talking about M9 mags right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top