Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 4:27:20 PM EDT
there is a gap between the slide and the receiver about an inch long.just enough to see light and part of the spring is this normal. it ia at the end of the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the bottom side of the slide, where the dust cover extends from the frame? If so, I don't think the spring should be exposed but I'm certainly no Colt expert.

Or are you saying you can look down the inside of the dust cover & see the recoil spring? If so, then yes, this is normal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If you look from the side and hold your gun up to light, you should see light come through and be able to see the recoil spring on most guns in the area between the arrows (approximately).

Customarily, the top of the dust cover is not flush with the bottom of the slide, since this causes excessive slide drag.  If you have a full length giude rod, you will not see any light coming through.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
In my gunsmithing cource on COLTS I was taught when tighting slide,(peen down rails0 YOU SHOULD FILE THAT AREA SLIGHTLY TO PREVENT BINDING ON RECOIL ,SORRY ABOUT CAPS GUNS IS MY LIFE NOT TYPEING HA HA
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
this was the area of the gap. it was at least the width of a flat tooth pick I could see all the way through it.I TOOK IT BACK THE GUY GAVE ME MY MONEY BACK.also you could pull down on the slide to
get it to open and close.to bad was a nice gun other than the gap.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top