Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2009 10:23:11 AM EDT
Anyone own one of these. What do you think about 45 acp in revolver. I know its a large gun but could you conceal it? Want arange gun but with option to carry.  Should I go with a 357?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a pretty large gun. I don't think that it would be one that I personally would carry. I started out trying to carry large 45 autos, but most of the time, they would get left behind. I decided to go with something smaller, that I don't mind carrying (Kahr PM9). I would rather have SOMETHING on me, rather than the big bad tacticle HEAVY, hard to conceal gun that I left behind. But, the 625 is a very good gun. I had one that I used in pin matches. If I was going to cary a revolver, and didn't care about the size/weight, the 625 would be one that I would probably go with. They are very fast on the reloads compared to other revolvers, and are pretty acurate.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#2]
i dont have the tricked out 625, but i have the plain 625 classic.  Its a fun gun, but the moon clips are a PIA.  

i guess you could conceal it, but it would depend on where youre going to put it.

i would buy it as a range toy, if you want it.  most people prefer lighter guns for CCW.  

if you want CCW, look at a Ruger SP101, or S&Ws.  IIRC, there were some Charter Arms Bulldogs in 44 S&W, but i havnet had the opportunity to shoot one.  im not really into small guns other then 22LR, but i do have a GP100 that i OC, when i do and used it for my IPSC quals.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Starting with an N frame would not be typical for concealed.  These are big guns with wide cylinders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top