Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/2/2004 10:46:52 AM EST
I've been looking for a good large cal. ccw revolver and I came across the S&W 625-10 in .45acp anyone out there had any experiences with this gun?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:45:41 PM EST
I use one for IDPA, works great. Can reload it almost as fast as my Glock. Easy to shoot and very accurate. I sent it to Smith for an action job. They did a great job.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 2:54:17 AM EST
I see guys using the 625 all the time. Some are reloading the 45GAP brass to reduce the standard deviation with reduced loads in IDPA SSR. Most still shoot 45ACP brass. Great guns. I would love to have one but seems like I don't have enough time to practice with my primary as it is.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:19:23 AM EST
I found your interesting reply remarkable. I've got a Glock 20 also. When you said you sent the gun to Smith did you get the hammer spur cut off also? I read that helps presentation, of the piece.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:05:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By bush2004:
When you said you sent the gun to Smith did you get the hammer spur cut off also? I read that helps presentation, of the piece.

Presentation has nothing to do with the hammer. The bobbing of the hammer spur aids drawing from clothing, nothing more.

S&W also makes a .44spl in a small carry design. It's available in titanium as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:27:26 AM EST
That iswhat I meant by presentation. When I visit the s&w website I cannot find a lot of models of small ccw handguns, I've ordered the catalog from them but I have'nt recieved it yet, is there some other place I can look? thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:17:07 AM EST

When I visit the s&w website I cannot find a lot of models of small ccw handguns, I've ordered the catalog from them but I have'nt recieved it yet, is there some other place I can look? thanks

The S&W web site will usually have the up to date offerings. Their catalog is printed 6-12 months in advance, IIRC. Or you can just call their 800# & ask. Just keep in mind virtually all calibers are offered in all configurations (steel, alloy, etc.) & decide which one you are interested in & they'll tell you the model number & stock number. Once you get a stock number, a dealer can tell you retail price. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:35:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By BobCole:

When I visit the s&w website I cannot find a lot of models of small ccw handguns, I've ordered the catalog from them but I have'nt recieved it yet, is there some other place I can look? thanks

The S&W web site will usually have the up to date offerings. Their catalog is printed 6-12 months in advance, IIRC. Or you can just call their 800# & ask. Just keep in mind virtually all calibers are offered in all configurations (steel, alloy, etc.) & decide which one you are interested in & they'll tell you the model number & stock number. Once you get a stock number, a dealer can tell you retail price. Hope this helps.

Bob, I think S&W has discontinued some models of the revolvers. I know for sure that the 5 shot 342PD Centennial, the dark finished aluminum frame titanium cylinder is no longer listed. The 5-shot all SS 44spl 696 is gone, the 5 shot 44spl 296 aluminum frame titanium cylinder is also gone. I think S&W is trying to eliminate some SKUs(in the gun business that means different models) in order to cut down on inventory. I think new S&W is not the old S&W as we knew it in the past, where they many combinations and permutation of their various models available. But I bet some dealers may still have some in stock. I did a quick check at www.gunsamerica.com and www.gunbroker.com and I didn't see any 342PDs or 296s, but I did see a couple of 696s for sale.
Top Top