Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2012 12:40:45 PM EDT
Is there ANY 5.7 available for sale anywhere that is actually in stock?

I am befuddled.

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
according to this cabelas has some, it says limited stock

cabelas

this is for lead free 2000 round lot, but does not say if he has in stock.  and its almost $1200
link

there is a guy on arfcom selling a lot,
EE link

Link Posted: 8/25/2012 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
THANK YOU Somedude!

Funny, I checked Cabelas on Friday and they were "sold out".
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
gunsforall.com had some available last week...2k lots for $910
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
most places are completely out, but about half or so are taking back orders. i do see it at gunshows but not sure what the going price is. copes had it the week before, but who knows if they will get more.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]

i get this on that page "Access denied"  soldout maybe?  anyway i had checked there the other day and they were out but i realize it comes and goes.  however i don't have a 5.7
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Cabelas.  I've made and received two orders in the past month.

Cabelas 5.7

Link Posted: 9/22/2012 4:51:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Placed an order with Ammo-to -go on 9/20....
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I back-ordered some through cabelas and have managed to find some in the local gun shops. Guy at the gun shop today said he had heard they had been on strike and that there was a possibility of Hornaday starting to make the round.

I hope so..any one else heard this?
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I back-ordered some through cabelas and have managed to find some in the local gun shops. Guy at the gun shop today said he had heard they had been on strike and that there was a possibility of Hornaday starting to make the round.

The strike is true. Hornady making ammo for 5.7, hmm not sure I buy that one
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Who is on strike?

Cabelas no longer has ANY 5.7 listed on their website.

I cannot find any for sale online anywhere that is actually instock

Link Posted: 10/25/2012 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry boys. This is exactly why I wont buy into all these crazy calibers. Just like all the Winchester short magnums. You buy into these and then theres no ammo or what is available is high and keeps getting higher. I'll stick with the normal calibers that you can get ammo for without all the panic buying.
Link Posted: 11/2/2012 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Cabelas received some.   They just shipped some backordered stuff.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I had some back ordered through cabelas that was supposed to be here at the end of the month. Got a email Wednesday morning saying that the new tentative delivery date would be 6/30/2013...

Not happy..
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Just ordered 400 rounds from cheaperthandirt after getting this email:

Some time ago, you requested notification when particular products were back in stock at CheaperThanDirt.com. Email questions to [email protected].
Item Description Price Available
AMM-254 5.7x28mm FNH SS197 V-Max 40 Grain 50 Round Box 2034 fps Blue Polymer Tipped Projectile Price: $31.19 Avalability: plenty
Thank you for shopping with us!
NOTE: Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice, but were valid at the time this email was sent

I hope I actually get a tracking number and all is good!
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Some time ago, you requested notification when particular products were back in stock at CheaperThanDirt.com. Email questions to [email protected].

AMM-254 5.7x28mm FNH SS197 V-Max 40 Grain 50 Round Box 2034 fps Blue Polymer Tipped Projectile Price: $31.19 Avalability: plenty

NOTE: Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice, but were valid at the time this email was sent

I hope I actually get a tracking number and

ll is good!
At 31.xx a box you can buy SS198LF for that kind of $$$

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Middle of next year????      

Quoted:

I had some back ordered through cabelas that was supposed to be here at the end of the month. Got a email Wednesday morning saying that the new tentative delivery date would be 6/30/2013...

Not happy..

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

ll is good!

I have no experience with that round and it is not currently for sale on cheaperthatdirt. The local gun store has that lead free stuff for $36 for a box of 50. I am currently deployed so it’s all online purchases for me now.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ll is good!

I have no experience with that round and it is not currently for sale on cheaperthatdirt. The local gun store has that lead free stuff for $36 for a box of 50. I am currently deployed so it’s all online purchases for me now.
SS198LF is fastest of all factory 5.7 rounds. It's the 28gr JHP red box ammo.  Cheaperthandirt is overcharging you by $10/box for that ammo. Check this guy out for SS198LF for the price you paid for SS197SR from CTD..

http://www.agun4you.com/

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 2:29:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

ll is good!

SS198LF is fastest of all factory 5.7 rounds. It's the 28gr JHP red box ammo.  Cheaperthandirt is overcharging you by $10/box for that ammo. Check this guy out for SS198LF for the price you paid for SS197SR from CTD..

I have not been concerned with how fast the bullet is, just the material mainly. When I think of lead free bullets I usually associate them with frangible bullets. Looks like I need to educate myself on the subject more. However link you posted is out of stock on all 5.7 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ll is good!

SS198LF is fastest of all factory 5.7 rounds. It's the 28gr JHP red box ammo. Cheaperthandirt is overcharging you by $10/box for that ammo. Check this guy out for SS198LF for the price you paid for SS197SR from CTD..

I have not been concerned with how fast the bullet is, just the material mainly. When I think of lead free bullets I usually associate them with frangible bullets. Looks like I need to educate myself on the subject more. However link you posted is out of stock on all 5.7 rounds.

hehe a day goes by and it all goes..

The 28gr lead free round uses an aluminum core. It is not frangible, and very easily goes through soft armor :)

I was merely commenting that had you looked around more, you wouldn't have had to get bent over by CTD's rip off pricing. Widener's is out of stock right now, but again, $18.75/50:

http://wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|829|844

Unless of course you have to have it right now, or by deployed do you mean you'll have it waiting for you at home?
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I went to the Austin Texas Gun show today, and about had a heart attack when I saw the price of 5.7 ammo dealers wanted. Only two dealers had it ss197 one was $37 the other was $40 I was horrified. The $37 dealer had American Eagle for $29 a box. I just keep walking.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I went to the Austin Texas Gun show today, and about had a heart attack when I saw the price of 5.7 ammo dealers wanted. Only two dealers had it ss197 one was $37 the other was $40 I was horrified. The $37 dealer had American Eagle for $29 a box. I just keep walking.

The sad truth is I would of bought a few boxes. of the ss197 or ss198 if I had seen it for that price. I would like to have a few boxes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#24]
So, what's causing this drought?    Too many people buying, manufacturers supplying less, or both?  

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

So, what's causing this drought? Too many people buying, manufacturers supplying less, or both?

There was a FNH strike in Belgium. Supposedly the backlog was caused by fulfilling a contract orde. They've released statements that demand for 5.7 ammo has skyrocketed, so they've bumped up production, and have claimed that the bump should be catching up very soon
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, what's causing this drought? Too many people buying, manufacturers supplying less, or both?

There was a FNH strike in Belgium. Supposedly the backlog was caused by fulfilling a contract orde. They've released statements that demand for 5.7 ammo has skyrocketed, so they've bumped up production, and have claimed that the bump should be catching up very soon

So, can we take this as good news and expect to see other manufacturers starting to make it, or the high volume is still not high enough?    I usually try to see the bright side of things...  
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, can we take this as good news and expect to see other manufacturers starting to make it, or the high volume is still not high enough? I usually try to see the bright side of things...

Who knows. Fiocchi and FN are the only two loaders right now. Federal simply reboxes the ammo. IIRC some of the SS190 was originally loaded by Winchester. It uses common powder, and common bullets. Only special is the brass with it's coating. There are more firearms coming out in 5.7x28mm, so it's hard to say what other manufacturers will do.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Looks like SS198 is available on FN's site. If your willing to pay 32.71 a box.  Good thing I still have 1600 rds.  

http://www.agun4you.com/fnammo/33391-fn-ss198lf.html
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#29]
1600?? thats it??
BUY MORE
Quoted:
Looks like SS198 is available on FN's site. If your willing to pay 32.71 a box.  Good thing I still have 1600 rds.  

http://www.agun4you.com/fnammo/33391-fn-ss198lf.html

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't keep up with that ammo, but wasn't it cheap at one time?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#31]

There's a lot of speculation right now.   I saw someone trying to sell 500 rounds for $500 or so.   It's a problem when only one or two manufacture it.   But it should go back to the normal price of $20 per 50 rounds soon, as long as people do not panic and do not feed speculators.  
Quoted:

I don't keep up with that ammo, but wasn't it cheap at one time?

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Last gunshow I was at, a guy was offering the blue V-max loaded 5.7 for $60/box of 50. I didn't see any of it move.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Last gunshow I was at, a guy was offering the blue V-max loaded 5.7 for $60/box of 50. I didn't see any of it move.

Yeah I called my brother and asked him to look while he was at the gun show.... they had a guy trying to sell ss197 ammo for $45 a box also... I laughed so much when he told me the price.
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I saw the same outrageous gun show pricing the other week. But I had back ordered with Cabelas a month or so ago and just got a email this morning.  439.99 for 1k rounds and free ammo can. So around $22 bucks a box not bad. It is no longer back order-able if they are sending mine out hopefully they will show it in stock again.
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 2:51:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I saw the same outrageous gun show pricing the other week. But I had back ordered with Cabelas a month or so ago and just got a email this morning.  439.99 for 1k rounds and free ammo can. So around $22 bucks a box not bad. It is no longer back order-able if they are sending mine out hopefully they will show it in stock again.

Link? Maybe I am dumb because I have not been able to find any 5.7 on the Cabelas site. Looked under handgun adn rifle ammo.

Edit- found it here but not for sale

http://www.cabelas.com/handgun-ammunition-fnh-5-7x28-bulk-ammunition-1.shtml
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 4:50:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Call their customer service.   For some reason they are no longer taking web orders on that one.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link? Maybe I am dumb because I have not been able to find any 5.7 on the Cabelas site. Looked under handgun adn rifle ammo.

Link Posted: 12/11/2012 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#37]
They have stopped talking orders for "This season" as I was told over the phone, I think they just have so many back orders to fill that they want to clear them all before even considering taking any more orders.  Right now your best bet it to look at your LGS or gun broker, I found two boxes of SS197 at bass pro this past weekend for $26.
Link Posted: 12/12/2012 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#38]

$39.99 for green tip hp
ammodepot

Link Posted: 12/12/2012 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

$39.99 for green tip hp

ammodepot

Good grief.   I paid a bit more than $20 for that thing around a month and a half ago.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2012 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya I had to phone it in. But sounds like they won't take phone orders any more.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:31:42 AM EDT
[#41]

I also heard this ! I was told that months ago .

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#42]
I can't believe how long it's taking to get any reasonable 5.7 stock anywhere.  This ammo shortage started long before the current "panic buying" was even a thought.

I just called the main FNH USA number and tried to speak to a customer service rep to ask for a more official status update.  I was able to leave a message, but my magic "8-ball" is telling me I probably won't hear back!  

KingOfTheBumps

Link Posted: 1/2/2013 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I was able to order 3000 rounds of SS197 from Cabelas on Monday.
I called them up around 10am and it was in stock, called back later that afternoon to buy a couple thousand more rounds and it was all gone.
$23.99 per box and they had a $20 off coupon code.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#44]
I was just able to buy another 4K rounds from Cabela's .
If you're interested the link is below.  $23.99 per box

SS197 in stock

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

SS197 in stock

Thanks for that link.  I ordered some, as well as another MOHTF member. Just hope we don't get a cancellation email.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

SS197 in stock

Thank you!  Order placed!

KingOfTheBumps

Link Posted: 1/4/2013 5:57:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Sold out. Link no longer goes to product, but at least it helped folks get some orders in.

EDIT: Order shipped 1500 rounds will be here by next Friday
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#48]
That was fast when I called in they had over 2000 boxes of 50 available.
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Went to the LGS to get some 5.7, they had a ton, say about 80 -100 boxes.  You ready for this? $50 per box!. No wonder they had so much.  According to the guy at the store, you can't get the gun or ammo anymore.
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Went to the LGS to get some 5.7, they had a ton, say about 80 -100 boxes.  You ready for this? $50 per box!. No wonder they had so much.  According to the guy at the store, you can't get the gun or ammo anymore.

Check Gunbroker. It sells all day long at $50.00 a box or more. You can still get the ammo, but it's very scarce. I just ordered 30 boxes last week @ $23.99 a box and should have it tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, the newest batches of SS197 SR have lead free primers in them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top