Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 3/17/2018 12:46:49 AM EDT
So far I have only seen sights for this gun, I thought apex was going to do a trigger, and barrels?? fn store has no magazines for sale are they doing a recall or gen 2 mag? even brownells has no magazines for this gun, I thought this gun has been out for a year or so?
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 7:21:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2018 7:22:01 AM EDT by Longhorn1986]
I just bought a mag from Tombstone Tactical. I haven't noticed a shortage. I remember seeing some sort of issue with Apex & triggers.

https://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/an-update-from-apex-on-the-fn-509-trigger/

Over on the FNForum site, a fellow just about is ready to go to market with his trigger.

http://fnforum.net/forums/shootingsight-com/180065-fns-509-trigger.html
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 12:19:24 AM EDT
I wouldnt wait on apex making a trigger for any FN pistol. They have been promising for years on other FN models and it is like a game of promises that never happen.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 5:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2018 5:06:31 PM EDT by TCBA_Joe]
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 3:38:31 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Probably due to how FN drops a new wonder-pistol every couple of years.

Why invest in something that, statistically, won't be around in the near future.

ETA: I read the above link. "FN begged us to make an FNS trigger and before design was done they dropped the line in favor of a new gun"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Originally Posted By gl08jk:
I wouldnt wait on apex making a trigger for any FN pistol. They have been promising for years on other FN models and it is like a game of promises that never happen.
Probably due to how FN drops a new wonder-pistol every couple of years.

Why invest in something that, statistically, won't be around in the near future.

ETA: I read the above link. "FN begged us to make an FNS trigger and before design was done they dropped the line in favor of a new gun"
Half the reason I bought a 509 was the promise of an Apex trigger in the (then) immediate future. The mag promo sealed the deal for me at the time. It’s actually a pretty solid pistol, and with even a little support could be awesome. Mostly better mag release and trigger, as sig sights already work on it.

I’d like FN to support it more with SC and L variants, and threaded barrels and RMR cut slides, but since when has FN ever given a lot of effort into their pistols?
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 3:47:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 5:01:20 PM EDT
The apex trigger isn’t vaporware. They had a prototype model at the local game/fish expo. I got to play with it and it was awesome.

They are acutely aware of the interest, but there are still some refinements they are making.

They did say that user install is probably not viable. They said the install process was very complex. For us locals they promised some local events where we can get the triggers and they would do free installs.
Page Handguns » FN
Top Top