Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 8:45:32 AM EDT
how hard is finding ammo for these guns? hows the recoil? i have a chance to buy a new one for 750 cash today. guys hurting for monies i guess. was going to buy the fnh 5.7, but i like this deal i think.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Ammo is easy: I roll my own on my Dillon 550, otherwise I couldn’t afford it. Recoil can be pretty stout. I wear padded bicycle gloves to shoot hot loads, but I prefer to load things down a bit. Loaded down it is a lot of fun.

If you can get one for $750, you probably want to grab it quick.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Reloading is your best option... It is expensive to feed factory, certainly less expensive if you reload.  I reload for my buddies, it is easy to load for.

Recoil is stout.  Manageable if you have shot large bore revolvers before... But it is certainly stout.

750$ is a good price if it hasn't been abused.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I enjoy mine. Do you others have any nice lesser loads to try?? When I got mine, it came from the previous owner with dies, powder, brass, primers, and 500gr bullets and the recipe for them but wow...they are pretty much full loads and kick like none other haha. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top