Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2003 6:50:14 PM EDT
Ive had my 8" Casull for about 2 yrs now, the more I shoot it ,the more I realize how accurate the darn thing is.
Plane ol Iron sights,nice grip,good factory muzzel brk and porting,trigger needs some work,but over all a good BIG-BORE revolver.
If anyone out there has a 454,please share youre adventures with a fellow Taurus owner.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
hey i just bought a ruger in 454 casull.. any tips for a newbie to the caliber?
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the RB chambered in .454. It's a bitch to shoot more than 5-10 rounds, kills my hand. I just got it back from Taurus as about 6 months ago it's timing fucked up, they repaired it for free of course so all is good now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have the RB chambered in .454. It's a bitch to shoot more than 5-10 rounds, kills my hand. I just got it back from Taurus as about 6 months ago it's timing fucked up, they repaired it for free of course so all is good now.

Ill shoot mine about ten times,then give it a rest,for the FPS that the taurus 454 delivers,you,d think that the recoil would be more than it is,Im sold on the porting and muzzel brk.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hey i just bought a ruger in 454 casull.. any tips for a newbie to the caliber?

Its a big ^%$^%$ gun isnt it? Welcome to the club.I know one thing for shure,Load youre own rds,Its a tad on the expensive side of shooting,you save a lot of $ when you load youre own,Ive got my reloads blazing the same FPS as Factory ammo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top