Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2013 6:06:43 AM EDT
Is it normal for the trigger to be so damn heavy? Ive read that messing with the triggers on these are hit or miss.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Common.  Spring kit may or may not help.  Test thoroughly if you go that route, light primer strikes are a possibility.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Common.  Spring kit may or may not help.  Test thoroughly if you go that route, light primer strikes are a possibility.
View Quote

Thats what I am afraid of. Right now the gun goes bang every time, So I hate to mess with it at all..
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it's normal. (Or at least a heavy trigger is, not knowing exactly what yours is like.) It is supposed to be a DA 12lb trigger pull.

Dry fire it a lot. And then dry fire it more. The S&W triggers get quite nice after some dry fire time.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Apex trigger kit ($25) makes a huge difference.  Two springs and a replacement firing pin.  Very easy to install, a little polishing of the rebound block and trigger pull is vastly improved without compromising reliability.  There are YouTube videos on the process, it doesn't take long at all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apex trigger kit ($25) makes a huge difference.  Two springs and a replacement firing pin.  Very easy to install, a little polishing of the rebound block and trigger pull is vastly improved without compromising reliability.  There are YouTube videos on the process, it doesn't take long at all.
View Quote

I just ordered this kit and watched the video (both) on their website, very impressed ... can't wait to install on my 442.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Apex.  Huge difference.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]
When you're installing the kit, take the time to lube the pivot points/studs for the hammer and trigger as well as the recess the rebound slide rests in.  Make sure the hand/pawl stays nestled in the trigger, there's a little wire spring inside that is hooked to the base of the hand and keeps it in place.  If it comes 'unhooked' and you put the gun back together, the cylinder will fail to rotate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I've opened up brand new S&W revolvers that had NO lube at all in them....dry as a bone........
Maybe a couple shots of a good lube would help????????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top