Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2014 11:14:48 PM EDT
I'd like to convert a newly purchased trade in M10 4", to a 38spl version of a M13  3", which I can't seem to locate... Numrich and Brownells don't seem to have any 3" K frame heavy barrels... anyone know of a source?... thank you
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'd like to convert a newly purchased trade in M10 4", to a 38spl version of a M13  3", which I can't seem to locate... Numrich and Brownells don't seem to have any 3" K frame heavy barrels... anyone know of a source?... thank you
View Quote

Are you aware of the differences in the three and four inch revolvers and the procedure of proper barrel installation? You will not be able to just get a 3" barrel and drop it into your gun. The ejector rod will not fit and the barrel will need fitting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Andy... thank you.. I know there was a difference in the ejector rod length between the 2 1/2 inch barrel and the 3 inch barrel, I had a 3" M66 that foolishly was traded for a P35 High Power... I just was trying to see what kind of barrels are available... I re barreled my M25 without a problem...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Call Smith and Wesson Customer service.

CD
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
thank you... that was my next option... the ejector rod length of the .38 is about 1.430".... can someone measure the length on a M13/M19 or M65/ M66

I may just chop the barrel and add a 1911 dovetail to the rib...I haven't fooled with a wheel gun in a long time
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thank you... that was my next option... the ejector rod length of the .38 is about 1.430".... can someone measure the length on a M13/M19 or M65/ M66

I may just chop the barrel and add a 1911 dovetail to the rib...I haven't fooled with a wheel gun in a long time
View Quote

I just checked my 4" Model 19 and got 1.410"
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I think that is the much better option and probably a big improvement. You could also cut it to accept a pinned front blade. You could also get a three inch barrel and cut the ejector rod assembly and fit it.

It is possible to recrown a barrel with a larger round bullet  and valve grinding compound if you do not have access to a lathe.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Xtrastout ..... thank you for checking the length

Andy D... probably what I'll do... I have access to lathe and mill... I'm pretty much dialed into carrying the Glocks, and I shoot one for USPSA competition, so it will be a project pistol that unfortunately will probably never be used
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#8]
laysnyder,

it does not matter if it will be put to serious use, making it work is the goal, figuring out a solution to a problem we create ourselves.

Project guns are an extracurricular continuing eduction and valuable hobby time...
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had good luck finding parts over on the smith and wesson forum.  Found an essentially unused 3" barrel for my 65 for $75.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top