Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 7:12:45 PM EDT
I have a SA Mil Spec Ultra Compact.  It's went through 1000rds with no problems so I'm wanting to get a carry rig for it.  What are the names of Colt and Kimber 1911's with 3.5" slides?  It would be a hell of alot easier if slide lengths were listed instead of all the names the different makers give them.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I like and use a Don Hume number 30 JIT SLIDE, while usually used in a commander or longer slide length I have found it works very well as a deep side or SOB officer length pistol. I regularly carry my Defender in this and tho it is quite minimalist, it retains it well. Once they start losing their shape I TOSS them, I do not keep them around as the urge to reuse them when one should not is quite strong. They will fit tightly on the weapon but still deholstering is quick and easy. They will retain their shape after the weapon is drawn. Do not buy the cheap arse floppy "one size fits all"stuff, in the end you will buy the good but more costly one's anyways. You get what you pay for in the end.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't go cheap on holsters.  I really like fist and high noon.  I just ordered a Fist #21a for a xd subcompact and was considering the same for my Mil Spec Ultra Compact but wanted to make sure I get the right size before I drop another $120 for a second #21a.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top