Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2010 1:19:28 PM EDT
I purchased a sherer 3.5 and installed it.  Yes it is correctly installed.  It has a heavier pull while dry firing than the one that was in it. Is this normal?
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure doesn't sound normal.

Have you got the Trigger Spring installed, and installed correctly?

Looking at it sideways, the ends should make an "S", not a "Z", if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
yes.  If I put the original in it works great.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

yes.  If I put the original in it works great.

Well yes, that's just wierd.

I don't have personal experience with Scherer parts (only their shitty mags), so not sure.  Is the angle different, "shallower", as compared to the original?  Any rough surfaces that might need to be polished?

Does this aftermarket connector angle out, from the Trigger Housing, the same way the original does?

Sounds like something, somehow, is binding.

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It angles out more than the original.  I have to lightly squeeze it to fit it in.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps that's why it's binding so much then.  Just technical speculation on my part, but they should be the same.  The fact that they're not, sounds wrong.

Me, I'd probably put in in a vise, and bend it so it matches the stock part.

Glock parts are not supposed to require "fitting", but some aftermarket parts sometimes do.

I'd like to see what folks who've had experience with Scherer Connectors have to say about this.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you oil it?
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Did you oil it?

No doubt.  Wish I'd thought to ask that simple question.

Link Posted: 7/18/2010 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#8]
i didn't.  Will do now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Same as before.   the pull is harder and the click is louder than the normal connector.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you bend it to match the stock part?
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#12]
For what it's worth, I had no trouble installing a Lone Wolf 3.5# connector in my Glock 19.  I lubricated it, installed it and was back in business; total drop-in installation as advertised.  I'm going to try it out at the range today.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't get to it yesterday.  Went in ER at 2am and got out a 7pm.  Let me tell you kidney stones are the worst thing I have ever felt in my life.  Maybe today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top