Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 9:02:38 PM EDT
I saw in Cheaper Than Dirt 25 rnd mags for the G21....Does anyone know anything about these mags? Who are they made by(Sherer?) What kind of reliability do they offer?

The mags had a poloy body and looked like the G18 33rnd mags. Just kind of curious about these 'cause I just got a G21C
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:59:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one that is made by Scherer.  Mine wasn't reliable at all.  I tried to load 25rds and the spring tangled in the bottom of the mag.  I finally got it to not tangle with 20rds, but some of the rounds would hang up.  This was 8 months ago.  I don't know if Schere have fixed the problem or not.  I use 15rd mags (13rds w/+2s) and they work great.

Scherer 25rd mag

13rd w/+2
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used the Scherer mags from Lone Wolf in 40S&W for years without a problem and I carry one on the glove box of my truck. I checked and they have the 45ACP mags for $45.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info...I was just thinking that for range blastin' a 25rnd mag might be fun. Hell if it was reliable enough slap one in my G21C with a light unit and it'd make a helluva "house gun"!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I use 15rd mags (13rds w/+2s) and they work great.

Shawnr1,
What brand +2s do you use?
Thanks in advance,
endersgame
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
From all I've read they still are having major problems with these mags.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I received mine about a month ago and it's worthless. Most of the rounds would misfeed and or would get stuck in the body. I've been told I could make it more reliable by removing some of the rough plastic from inside, but I have not tried that. The one I have for my .40 has been some what reliable. I would never count on them for anything other than range toys.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What brand +2s do you use?

Scherer.  I ordered them from Glockmeister
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top