Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2006 7:51:20 PM EDT
I have a 24/7 9mm, non pro.   My take down lever is a bastard to get back in after stripping it. The tension spring has to be pushed down manually, and it is very tough to do. At the Taurus booth at the NRA convention, the guy there just popped it out, and then back in again no Fing around with it.  Any one else have this problem, or am I just a dummy & doing it wrong?

And while I'm on the subject how often should I be cleaning it????
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Same problem here, one time it took me 3 days I just hit it with something.  I like to clean my guns after every shooting.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
if you put it in with the thumb pad sideways (like it normally sits when fully installed) then turn it vertically (like it is when you take it out)when you get resistance from the spring, then push it in unitl you feel resistance (almost all the way in) then turn it back sideways and then push it in the rest of the way and it will click. usually takes about a second
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
if you put it in with the thumb pad sideways (like it normally sits when fully installed) then turn it vertically (like it is when you take it out)when you get resistance from the spring, then push it in unitl you feel resistance (almost all the way in) then turn it back sideways and then push it in the rest of the way and it will click. usually takes about a second

That is how I figured it is supposed to work, but mine doesn't. When I pull the lever out the detent spring pops in the hole where the take down lever was. So I must move the spring out of the way befort the pin will go in.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Like said above, with mine I just use the pin to push it down a bit then slide it around while pushing very hard, as soon as its near its place it just snaps in.  Took me 45 minutes the first time, 15 the second and now that I figured it out its only a second.  One of the times your doing it, itll just click and you probably wont have a problem again?  Hopfully!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top