Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:51:47 PM EDT
Has anyone here that has a Taurus 24/7, specifically the .45, had issues with FTF? I bought one about 7 months ago and have had numerous issues with this gun. I've even sent it in to Taurus 3 times already. I just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen or have heard about it and if so if anyone knows how to fix it, besides get a new gun.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:46:57 PM EDT
Sorry to say this but get a different gun. Glock, SIG, Springfield, S&W ect are all much better and most improtantly will go bang when you most need it. the Taurus will never be 100%.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:19:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SkagSig40:
Sorry to say this but get a different gun. Glock, SIG, Springfield, S&W ect are all much better and most improtantly will go bang when you most need it. the Taurus will never be 100%.

Ok, now for an opinion that was not pulled out of a rectum.

The 24/7 is designed around the Millenium action, which has proven to be a VERY robust action. Taurus should take care of you....if you've sent it back 3 times, insist on a new gun if they are not able to correct the functioning issues. Keep moving up the chain until someone takes care of you, Taurus has been very good about taking care of my issues (tho they were small).

My Millenium's both run 100%, have never failed, and I shoot them alot. I guess they don't know they're not ever going to be 100%.

That aside, what is happening? Are the rounds partially chambering? Are they going in at the wrong angle? Does it do this with just one mag? Have you tried other mags? Does it do it with all ammo? What type of ammo? Can you replicate the problem hand-cycling the action?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:19:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 7:20:30 AM EDT by zcu64]

The 24/7 is designed around the Millenium action, which has proven to be a VERY robust action. Taurus should take care of you....if you've sent it back 3 times, insist on a new gun if they are not able to correct the functioning issues. Keep moving up the chain until someone takes care of you, Taurus has been very good about taking care of my issues (tho they were small).

My Millenium's both run 100%, have never failed, and I shoot them alot. I guess they don't know they're not ever going to be 100%. hat

The deal with the gun is that it has all types of issues. I've had it stove pipe, I've had it close on an empty chamber, and the most common issue is that the round comes up at a wrong angle (at least thats what I think) and just jams the slide open. Usually when that type of jam happens I just need to rack the slide and then the round goes. I've had it so bad that I've been lucky to get three rounds off without a failure, other times I'll get 1 in a hundred. I've fired 3 different types of ammo out of the gun WWB CCI Blazer and Remington Green box, all have problems. The first time into Taurus they said it was the slide and they adjusted it. It came back and I fired about 150 rounds with no problems, then it happened again so it went back into Taurus two more times with them telling me it is the magizines. Well I am on a set of 4 right now, which makes 8 total magizines. Last time I shot it, it jamed once. I've been hand cycling some everynow and then as I haven't had the chance to shoot it again and even when I'm hand cylcly them I get an occasional hangup. I've even talked to a manager at Taurus, he's the one that sent me the last 4 mags. If you have any suggestions about fixing this or dealing with Taurus I'll gladly take them. Right now I'm wishing I had bought a different gun, but hell, I thought the NRA handgun of the year would have been something good.

Thanks

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:41:42 AM EDT
In about 300 rounds so far that I have put through mine, the only trouble I have had has been with the Wolf .45 ammo. I had 2 FTF in about 50 rounds. OTOH, using Federal or Winchester, I have had 0 problems.

I would go with the above suggestion and demand a new gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:32:48 AM EDT
3 times? I would say new gun. If you can get them to give you a new 24/7 that would be the best. If they will not help you out then sell it or trade it off. There are plenty of great guns out there that go bang every time. IMO life is too short to send guns back 3 times.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:58:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:

My Millenium's both run 100%, have never failed, and I shoot them alot. I guess they don't know they're not ever going to be 100%.

That aside, what is happening? Are the rounds partially chambering? Are they going in at the wrong angle? Does it do this with just one mag? Have you tried other mags? Does it do it with all ammo? What type of ammo? Can you replicate the problem hand-cycling the action?

You might have the time to dick around with shitty Taurus quality. The gun has failed already so it will never be 100%. Taurus' revlovers are nice but their autos are junk. The rentals at my local range have all been sent back to Taurus for failures of different kinds. This stuff was not pulled out of my ass and indeed true. The gun was sent back 3 times....3 FRICKEN TIMES!!!! If I performed my job that poorly I would be fired! That just goes to show how shitty Taurus attention to detail is....sucks if you ask me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:01:42 PM EDT

You might have the time to dick around with shitty Taurus quality. The gun has failed already so it will never be 100%. Taurus' revlovers are nice but their autos are junk. The rentals at my local range have all been sent back to Taurus for failures of different kinds. This stuff was not pulled out of my ass and indeed true. The gun was sent back 3 times....3 FRICKEN TIMES!!!! If I performed my job that poorly I would be fired! That just goes to show how shitty Taurus attention to detail is....sucks if you ask me.

Taurus makes a fine semi auto. And, like every maker, some bad ones get out. Taurus should have replaced the gun by now, that I agree with. If you're getting a run-around from them, you need to speak to someone higher up. I'd call until I got Bob Morrison on the phone. I have never had a problem getting good service from Taurus.

But, if you think this kind of thing is a Taurus problem, you're sadly mistaken.

I have a Kimber that has been back to the shop 4 times, and I still don't trust it. Are Kimbers junk? Their CS is horrible, btw. They refuse, flat out, to replace this POS and I'm stuck with it. $1200 worth of crap I have to live with.

I also have a Sig220 that has a cracked frame after 1000 rounds. It had to be replaced. Are Sig semi auto's junk?

I have 5 Taurus semi-autos, and never a single failure, ever, not one. 10,000 rounds AT LEAST through them.

Experiences vary, but when a $250 Taurus PT111 outruns a $1200 Kimber, it's hard to hear someone dismiss the entire line as crap.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 3:19:31 PM EDT by thedr13]
I bought a 24/7 PRO.45 just a week ago and the only problem I encountered is that it shoots about 4in low. I am replacing the rear sight with a Millet adjustable.
No failures to function at all.
I bought a SIG 220 a month or so ago and it shot low also. I put Millet sights on it and did the
required adjustments and it is now dead-on accurate. I've been shooting for better than 4 decades and have seen many gun makers have a few "lemons". Taurus makes good guns. I would write to the corparate office and explain your problem and I'll bet they will take care of it or replace it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:33:07 PM EDT
I've spoken with a manager at Taurus, I even have his cell phone number. In fact, I've had to call him so often that when he answers he says "Hey Zach." He is the one that keeps issuing me the new magazines. I had 5 mags that had failures in them so far. Right now I am on mag #'s 6,7,8,9. I haven't shot enough through the gun to decide if it fixed the problem, but I highly doubt it. If that is the case, Taurus' QA is oftly shitty considering I had 4 or 5 bad magazines in a row. I was skeptical about buying the gun, but I read some good reviews about then gun, it was even the NRA handgun of the year. I figured if the NRA was backing it, then it must have been a good gun. Like I said, since I got it back for the third time i've only shot 110 rounds through it and of those 110, there was one FTF. I probably should have just called Taurus right then and delt with it, but I didn't. I should probably keep up on calling these guys until I get satisfaction. One this is for sure, I'll probably never buy a Taurus again. Not because their stuff is bad, but because their CS sucks from my own experience.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:34:06 PM EDT
In light of your statement that Taurus has shitty QA, I just want to warn you that you will likely be branded a gun snob hereafter.

There are two types of gun owners in the world: those who are lucky, and those who are called gun snobs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:43:42 PM EDT
never said it was shitty, just said that if it was the case, then it would be....there is a difference
Top Top