Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 9:45:17 AM EDT
Thought I would relay to all of you my extreme love of my newest pistol.
For fathers day my wife bought me a beautiful 9mm PT24/7. Now after firing over 200 rounds I am convinced it is the best pistol I have shot.
Never a jam, awesome balance, pleasing grip, and a decent pattern.
The only down-fall I have found is the clip release button gets pushed while in large hands.
I have always been a Glock man but I am sold on the new 24/7 and plan on getting a .40 as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the 24/7. I am thinking about the .45.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Although I am not a fan of the caliber definately check out the 24/7
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
How is the trigger? How does it compare to other popular handguns?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#4]
It's called a "mag" release button.
That said, my experience with a PT111 is that you shoot it a little, carry it a lot. Not a very well built gun and doesnt hold up to a lot of shooting. My PT111 broke twice.YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That said, my experience with a PT111 is that you shoot it a little, carry it a lot. Not a very well built gun and doesnt hold up to a lot of shooting. My PT111 broke twice.YMMV.

The PT111 was not a well designed weapon.

As far as the trigger it is a little long(DAO) but it is very smooth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The PT111 was not a well designed weapon.

As far as the trigger it is a little long(DAO) but it is very smooth.

the 24/7 is essentially a 111 in design, fwiw.

Well, I should clarify that. The 24/7 is the 111 pro, only full sized. Very very little difference.

I happen to think the 111pro is a terrific design, and hopefully mine lasts a long time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll tell you what broke on mine just so you can watch for it. First time, it was the plastic pins that hold the action in the frame, second was the take down pin/slide stop. It was after a couple thousand rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top