Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 10:13:40 AM EDT
I am intrested in buying a 229 in either 40 cal or 357 sig. what are the differences in the two rounds also can they used the same mags? where can i find more info on the 229? whats a good place to buy one? what about hicap mags? thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
.357 sig is basically a necked down .40 SW supposed to be similar in power to a .357 magnum?
They use the same mags, should just be able to swap barrels between the 2 calibers, however your sights may be off because of the different ballistics between the 2 calibers.  CDNN investments may be able to hook you up with mags, and the may have these pistols in stock.  If not  check the EE or Shotgun News for ads and have a dealer order one for you.

CDNN had LE marked demo mags for $18.99 down from the crazy $70 prices I have seen.  You may be able to find a used police trade in pistol in good condition with holster wear.  The only flaw I have seen with these pistols is the Blueing on the (stainless) slide wears more than others I have seen.

Good luck,
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#2]
My Sig P229S is my favorite shooting pistol. Lots of power, surprisingly mild to shoot. Factory 125 gr FMJ (cheap stuff) chronies at 1375 fps avg. at my range. The mags for .357 & .40 are the same.
http://www.sigarms.com/products/classic-compact.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top