Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/17/2008 4:23:01 AM EST
Well, after a year or two of mulling around I finally bit the bullet as they say, and got a Sig Sauer. I know some claim the Glocks are better, but I've just never liked them. I like my Smith revolvers, but have never really liked their autos even though I have one.

I don't know if the 226 tops anyone's list, but I just liked the look and feel of it.
I realize the Tactical is not the the cheapest way to get a threaded barrell, but I wanted a factory setup. I wonder if anyone makes a muzzle brake to fit it?

I got the dark earth version. I kind of preferred black, but kind of wanted something different too. I was thinking of putting black grips on it. Maybe that and a black light or light laser combo will give it the look I want.

I think the trigger needs a little polishing. It's pretty good for out of the box, but I feel a tiny snag in SA. My Smith auto has had a nice DA/SA trigger job, so my expectation are fairly high.

All I need now is a cool Sig Sauer shirt!

Regards,

P7
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:27:12 AM EST
Congrats on the new SIG, they are a great gun.

The trigger should smooth out after a couple hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:45:48 AM EST
awesome, i was praising that same sig a week or so ago
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:16:22 PM EST
Where are the pics of said new Sig?

Shame on you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:25:44 AM EST
True, shame on me.
Whoop, there it is.

What do you think? Black grips or these?
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/KeithLankford/Weapons/Sig226Tac9mm.jpg
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:18:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By Phineas7:
True, shame on me.
Whoop, there it is.

What do you think? Black grips or these?
i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/KeithLankford/Weapons/Sig226Tac9mm.jpg

If it were mine, I would go with the black grips.

But with either color grips, nice 226!
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 10:41:17 AM EST
Hey P7 - When you get some black grips on it, post a picture would you. I really want to see what those look like with the black grips.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 3:25:41 PM EST
Yeah no problem! They're on order, should get 'em next week.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 2:49:57 PM EST
Paging argolfer!

This is with Hoque Extreme Metal grips in matte black, a thread protector from Top Gun Supply and another with a StreamLight TLR-2.

Opinions, Mr. Spock?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/KeithLankford/Weapons/120-2066_IMG.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/KeithLankford/Weapons/120-2073_IMG.jpg
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 2:58:59 PM EST
Very nice.

<
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 11:49:33 AM EST
Ya, that looks really nice with the black grips. Thanks for the pic.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 3:30:09 PM EST
pretty sharp man, nice pistol
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 3:18:17 PM EST
Hey that looks great! And if you have no use for the brown grips shoot my an IM, i would buy them to give my black p226 some color!
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 4:40:15 AM EST
Thanks for all the kind words. I've really enjoyed finally getting a Sig after all these years of window shopping. I love the way if feels. I cleaned up the trigger a bit, but it needs a tad more. If someone made an extended/checkered slide release I'd be set! I guess that's the biggest advantage to having a 1911 is that you can get anything.

It's so stinkin' hot I've not hardly got out and shot it. Looking forward to some cooler weather. I've got a 100m range in the back yard with clangers and target holders at various pistol appropriate distances also.

As far as the grips go, while I have no intention of changing them back (those aluminum grips feel gooooood!), I prefer to keep my factory parts.

I originally looked into getting factory black grip, but wanted a thinner grip and the checkering. They're really not expensive ~$20. Most places only show the black. I'm not sure how new the dark earth is, but I'm sure any Sig dealer could get a set. Personally I wish with they did an OD version. I love the black AR's with the OD furniture.

Thanks,

P7
Top Top