Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/15/2006 1:05:53 PM EDT
I just acquired a NIB 5" Tactical XD 40 in a trade, are these pretty good autopistols and do we like them?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:11:59 PM EDT
Yes, yes
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:39:44 PM EDT
No pics
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:54:40 PM EDT
Try it...I think you'll like it. It took me a while to be able to shoot mine accurately, but now that I can it's pretty nice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:10:13 AM EDT
They are great pistols.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:11:19 PM EDT
It needs a trigger job to take up the overtravel, reset, and make the da pull "sweet". Other than that, mine close to replacing my Beretta as my favorite pistol and has already beaten out my Sig 220 for Favorite Gun Award! After the trigger job, the DA pull went from 7lbs to a very smooth 4lbs. Love it. I had SA do it. Enjoy your new pistol!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:53:08 PM EDT
My XD9 that I bought last year was my first pistol. Since then I've bought 3 more pistols (1911, bersa .380 and an SC XD9). The 1911 and bersa are always in the safe. I'm happy with my XDs. Pretty soon I think that the father and son combo will need a grand daddy (XD .45 ACP)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:21:21 PM EDT
I had to send mine back for the 1 out of 50 jam. And I got it back and now it is worse then before!!! I have to send it back again!! It jammed at least one every mag !!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR­RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRR­RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR­RRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:32:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wildbilljr:
I had to send mine back for the 1 out of 50 jam. And I got it back and now it is worse then before!!! I have to send it back again!! It jammed at least one every mag !!!

there will.always be a lemon in a batch, and this is the first coplaint i have heard on this gun. i cant wait to get mine!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:40:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Doucheatron3000:
Try it...I think you'll like it. It took me a while to be able to shoot mine accurately, but now that I can it's pretty nice.

What he said.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:49:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Originally Posted By wildbilljr:

there will.always be a lemon in a batch, and this is the first coplaint i have heard on this gun. i cant wait to get mine!!

Make that 2 lemons! Mine is at the factory for jaming problems also. I own a total of 3 XD's and 2 are 100% awesome and 1 junk. I hope Springfield gets it fixed right the 1st time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:46:36 PM EDT
I just got my XD40 this morning and I had a chance to take it out to the range. It took me a few to get used to the sights since this is my first handgun also. I like it. The muzzle rise is controlable and the saftety features don't interfere with the operation. So far (150 rounds) I've had no jams, the finish looks flawless, and I had a lot of fun today. I am happy with my purchase. I would recommend it for other to try and buy, but I don't have experience with anything else yet.

Glad I saw this before I made a topic of my own.

Also, the clip loader thing works real well although it took me a minute to figure out how it worked.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:47:24 AM EDT
I've had my XD-40 Tactical in OD for over a year and love it. Since it was technically a gift (I'm not 21 yet) I won't be buying one on my own for another year or so.

I don't regret buying it in the least. I love it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:00:15 AM EDT
I have an XD40, and it is a great gun. It eats everything I feed it, with the exception of Magtech 180 FMJ....bad stuff there.
The only thing I don't like about it is the lack of a DA trigger.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:46:10 AM EDT
i like XD's alot. i traded my glock 22 in for my first XD.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:13:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cruze5:

x10.putfile.com/3/8310510212.jpg

Those holsters look great! Who makes them, and where can
I order them?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:17:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TXSquid:

Originally Posted By cruze5:

x10.putfile.com/3/8310510212.jpg

Those holsters look great! Who makes them, and where can
I order them?

comptac C-T.A.C.

awesome company, awesome holsters
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:52:46 PM EDT
I bought one I had XD40, took it to the farm to put it through its paces shot fine no problems until.........it came time for the mud and water treatment....jam would not lock up. I've tested my glocks and my 1911's this way....sold it 3days later, I think if it had a more powerful recoil spring it would work? I'll stick what I've tested that works. My .02.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:32:48 PM EDT
I posted my own thread on my xd-40 jamming. Jams 2-3 times per mag. Sent it back and it still jams. Going to send it back one more time hope they fix it this time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:26:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DerekCB:
I posted my own thread on my xd-40 jamming. Jams 2-3 times per mag. Sent it back and it still jams. Going to send it back one more time hope they fix it this time.

my 40 did that............ until i tried different ammo
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:30:59 PM EDT
The one problem I have with my XD is the grip safety. I've heard over and over that nobody has a problem with it, functionally, but it pinches my skin. I gotta grip the thing like I'm hanging from a rope because 1. I was told to by an instructional video, and 2. the gun may be a little small and I don't need a firecracker flipping out of my hand.

One guy had a philosophical problem with the grip safety and I got an earful. Basically, one safety is enough (though his Glock has 3?).

Ok, 2 problems: the other is that the color seems to wear off pretty easil but that seems to be common. My buddy suggested I just take the black off it if it bothers me. It doesn't but it's worth mentioning.

MB
Top Top