Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2003 10:57:42 AM EDT
Ok, I know what type of grips I want to put on my new Springfield Champion. I saw them on a Wilson TRS.
I want a slim style grip with shallow checkering, and double diamonds. Anyone know where I can find such a beast. I've been crusing the different websites trying to find this style, but just can't find them. Can someone please post a web address for a place to find them?

I don't really want the TRS logo on there, but would do it if that is all I can find.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:17:52 AM EDT
I don't know how shallow the checkering is, but Chip McCormick sells them.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:26:27 AM EDT
I've looked at those and they are close, but they don't have the shallow checkering. Take a look at a Thunder Ranch Special. The checkering looks like it is very worn. There are lines, but no points on the diamonds. It looks like they have been sanded down.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:07:30 PM EDT
These look pretty shallow:


Hey, I'm trying
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:41:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 12:48:54 PM EDT by AJohnston]
The same grips that come on the TR Special can be had (minus the TR logo) from AFS Tech and are available through Brownells.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:01:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 1:03:07 PM EDT by Lumpy196]
Wilson's used to look like what you are describing, but they've gone to verticle serrations.

You could always sand down the McCormicks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:28:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 1:33:36 PM EDT by guns762]
Yes! AJohnston, those are it!

They even come in rosewood! Notice the flat faced checkering. They look like the checkering on my dad's Browning Superposed. I think they will be perfect for CCW. No sharp points to catch on clothing.
Top Top