Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2003 10:57:42 AM EDT
Ok, I know what type of grips I want to put on my new Springfield Champion.  I saw them on a Wilson TRS.
I want a slim style grip with shallow checkering, and double diamonds.  Anyone know where I can find such a beast.  I've been crusing the different websites trying to find this style, but just can't find them. Can someone please post a web address for a place to find them?

I don't really want the TRS logo on there, but would do it if that is all I can find.
Thanks,
guns762
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know how shallow the checkering is, but Chip McCormick sells them.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I've looked at those and they are close, but they don't have the shallow checkering.  Take a look at a Thunder Ranch Special.  The checkering looks like it is very worn.  There are lines, but no points on the diamonds.  It looks like they have been sanded down.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
These look pretty shallow:

www.woodgrips.com/1911_ultra_thin.htm

Hey, I'm trying
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The same grips that come on the TR Special can be had (minus the TR logo) from AFS Tech and are available through Brownells.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilson's used to look like what you are describing, but they've gone to verticle serrations.

You could always sand down the McCormicks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes! AJohnston, those are it!

They even come in rosewood! Notice the flat faced checkering.  They look like the checkering on my dad's Browning Superposed.  I think they will  be perfect for CCW.  No sharp points to catch on clothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top