Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2003 7:53:14 AM EDT
I am looking at buying one of these conversion kits for my colt 1911, for plinking when I go camping and such.  The only one Iv'e seen so far is by jonathan arthur ciener, Inc. www.22lrconversions.com= and they want 200 or 250 for the platinum cup with better sights I guess.

Is that a good price? How do these kits perform, jams, certain ammo only, etc?  Are there better kits out there? Any reccomendations?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The Marvel is supposed to better than the Ciener, I've never tried any of them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to keep it around 200, it seems like all the good ones are 300+.  The cdninvestments one is only 150, made in italy? Does anyone know if that one is any good? Or is the ciener for 200 better? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the links guys, this is something I REALLY want to do. It seems like such a logical and money saving training tool. This will definitely be my next buy. This is one of the reasons I Love this site. Can anyone really recomend one brand over the others? Ceiner excluded of course.MM I'll take your word for it.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems the converted 1911 .22's I seen for Steel Challenge are all done with marvel conversions. I guess they are highly regarded for a reason.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top