Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/23/2013 6:13:59 AM EST
How does the firing pin safety on the Sigs work ? Is it a good set up or a bad one ?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:28:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By Rabon:
How does the firing pin safety on the Sigs work ? Is it a good set up or a bad one ?
Thanks
View Quote

It's Colt's Series 80 safety. As to the quality of that design, opinions vary... but at least it's well debugged and understood.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:55:46 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

It's Colt's Series 80 safety. As to the quality of that design, opinions vary... but at least it's well debugged and understood.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ken_mays:
Originally Posted By Rabon:
Thanks

Thank you, thats what I was hoping for.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:49:58 PM EST
of all of the series 80 type safety 1911's i have shot over the years, the Sig has the best trigger pull by far. (the trigger takeup deactivates the series 80 safety as it is pulled, thereby being notorious for making a crappy trigger pull)

im hesitant to buy a 1911 with an external extractor- but sig seems to have the bugs worked out of that too.

id recommend one. they are alot of 1911 for the money.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:39:51 PM EST
As to the effect on trigger pull, my Sig trigger is really, really good. Way better than the Colt Gold Cup I had years ago, when the Series 80 was in it's first few years. The comparison is night and day between the two.
Top Top