Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 7:42:47 PM EDT
Okay....THIS should stir things up faster'n a Madam at a Baptist prayer meeting.....

I'm looking at grip options for some of my carry pieces - I prefer to buy from someone who UNDERSTANDS grips - not just sells what's listed in their catalog, mainly because some of my carry pieces (Wilson Sentinel, Randall LeMay, HS Crusader Compact) are all pretty rare, and I don't want to try to explain to an idiot why dimensions are important.  Problem is, I'm gonna be kinda picky - I want something that's both functional and unique, that's aesthetically pleasing (to me).  So if you have a suggestion, please post a link or pic, along with source info.

Also - if you know someone that does custom grips, I'd like contact info there as well.  I've got a design in mind that's going to take a really good builder, because I'm gonna want some pretty unusual inlays (bear claw).

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]

http://www.vcdgrips.com/

i love these things they are so aggressive that you will need to sand them down before you carry them, they are very well priced and were easy to grind out for my ambi safety.
pm if you would like more info or pics
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for wood or a synthetic material?

How much are you looking to spend?

What is your time frame?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Larry Davidson.

He does OEM grips for Springfield as well as Wilson and he can make darn near anything you want in G10.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
made it hot
http://www.vcdgrips.com/
and i like these, the operator to be specific
http://www.vzgrips.com/grips.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:38:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you looking for wood or a synthetic material?

How much are you looking to spend?

What is your time frame?

Y'know, that's the kicker - I ain't sure.  This is kinda like going window shoppin' - don't know exactly what I want, but I'll know it when I see it.  Price - well, like anything else it depends on how much it appeals to me.  The right grips - into the hundreds wouldn't be impossible.  Time frame - no big rush.  I've got grips on all of 'em already, just tryin' to find something different that appeals to me.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want the nicest looking wooden grips, hands down, wickedgrips seems to have them, imho.

Here is a set of Box Elder burl grips from them:

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn...those Wicked Grips.......are!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top