Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 7:34:18 PM EDT
I am looking at getting some Crimson Trace grips for my 1911. Anyone have any experience with these? I am trying to choose between the front activation and side activation. I'm looking for pros/cons of either.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some CT grips on a S & W revolver, like them a lot, no complaints, wifey likes 'em too. As funds allow, I will add them to my other handguns. If you are not close to being on target, you might miss the dot, but once you get into a rhythm with these sights they are fast and accurate. I like the idea of being able to put the red dot on a bad guy if I was on the ground and using weak hand only.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a set on my Beretta 92 and like them a lot. I am now trying to decide on the front activation versus the side activation on a 1911. Anyone used either?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 1911 with them already installed and I like the rubber grip feel.  I hardly turn them on, as most of my shooting is done during the day.  

The grips are comfortable and the laser is pretty accurate.  If you can afford it, I say go for it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Are those front or side activation grips?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used side activated on a browning HP. I have held and gripped the front activation at a gunshow and would say go with that. The side activation seemed to me not to come on as easily as the front version. The side activaton version felt like it came on only when I was about to fire, once the finger had entered the trigger gaurd, it could be just me but I preffered the front version it seemed to come on just with a quick grip of the pistol.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a set on the way back to Midway for a refund.  I bought a set of refurbished CT 1911 grips for $139.00 with the 3 yr warranty.  They were the hard rubber model with the switch pad on the right front side of the right grip.  The problem I had was with the battery cover, It was TOO BIG and would not fit the opening in the grip frame on my Oly long slide Match Master.  As I did not want to dremel out the frame, I decided I would try them on my truck gun, a Rock Island Armory 1911.  This time the battery cover was Too Small & fell through the opening in the grip frame.  I did not try them on my Colts or Kimbers as I was pretty pissed by this time and I had really wanted them for the Oly.  Hope you have better luck than I had.  ALLONS11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top