Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/1/2004 6:29:03 AM EDT
I have a series 80 Colt with a beavertail safety and the original spur hammer. I can't recall ever seeing this combo, only the beavertail commander hammer combo. The gun shoots fine, but there is an impression from the tip of the hammer hitting the safety. Am I causesing harm to my Colt with this setup? Should I chage the hammer or safety?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:45:45 AM EDT
Why not grind the tip of the spur off a little and cold blue. It is an interesting combo of parts, but then again that's been my experience with Colt.

I recently bought two series 80 Colt Government models in 38 super. Supposed to be the same model. Serial numbers were only a a couple of thousand apart. One barrel stainless, one blue. Fit and finish completely inconsistent. The only thing consistent was the cheesy plastic trigger and mainspring housing on both.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:52:47 AM EDT
I've though about grinding it, I think thats what I'm going to do. Its stainless steel so the bluing is a non issue. Sounds like a job for my Dremel
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:13:10 PM EDT
If your hammer spur is hitting your grip saftey, I'd also replace my recoil spring. Could be the slide is traveling too fast with a weak recoil spring. Cheap insurance for $8-9, IMO.
Top Top