Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2008 11:46:28 AM EDT
Which is better? and why??
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The 17L is longer than the 34 and IIRC it has a lighter trigger pull and also are too big for IDPA matches since they dont fit in the size box.  the 34 can fit in the box and has a bit heavier trigger.

someone correct me if i am wrong.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The 17L is longer than the 34 and IIRC it has a lighter trigger pull and also are too big for IDPA matches since they dont fit in the size box.  the 34 can fit in the box and has a bit heavier trigger.

You are correct about the relative pistol sizes, however both the 17L and the 34 are factory equipped with the 4.5# connector (often and erroneously referred to as the 3.5# connector) and therefore have the same trigger pull weights.

TK

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Which is better? and why??

better for what? its a glock...
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
OP if you do end up purchasing a Glock 34 let me know how you like it.  I am contemplating purchasing a Glock 34 or 21SF.

ETA: Punctuation.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct about the relative pistol sizes, however both the 17L and the 34 are factory equipped with the 4.5# connector (often and erroneously referred to as the 3.5# connector) and therefore have the same trigger pull weights.

TK

Ahhh i guess thats what confused me.  I think the police edition of the 34 (blue labeled box) comes with a 5lb trigger.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes the LE Glocks come stocj with 5.5 disconnecters.

I bought a Glock 35 and use a LW conversion barrel and a 9mm mag and can shoot 9mm all day ....!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP if you do end up purchasing a Glock 34 let me know how you like it.  I am contemplating purchasing a Glock 34 or 21SF.

ETA: Punctuation.

Those are two COMPLETELY different firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top