Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 5:35:36 PM EDT
is it possible to modify a 10 rnd mag to make it hold the standard 13 rnds......40 cal mag.?  there are 2 ribs on the inside that keep the rounds in line rather than  stacked to keep the round count to 10.. I want to try to remove the two ribs to make all the rounds fit.  I bought it at a yard sale for 3.00 so I'm not worried about destroying it  . possible ? what says the hive??????
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
not worth the trouble- even if there was an easy way to remove the ribs you would still need a different follower. keep the 10 rounder to practice mag changes etc or for shooting in events that limit mag capacity like GSSF or IDPA. you live in a free state so new full cap mags are only around 25 bucks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a buddy buy some 10rd mags at the gun show and I took one apart to see how it limits the capacity.  On his the walls of the mag seemed to be filled with epoxy and there was surely no way to mod it.  Those mags would be good if you're using them for comp as stated.  The extra weight would give the gun weight and the extra weight in the mag itself would also help it drop out faster.  I don't remember what model the mags were and different models may be limited in different ways.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#3]
All restricted Glock factory mags were/are restricted by using ribs in the steel lining.  If you remove the ribs, the lining falls apart and the mag is useless.  For $3, I'd just load 'er up with 10 rounds and use it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I could never get a full 10 rds in the Glock 10 round mags, fortunately the ban is over and I've sold those suckers

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top