Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 6:16:28 AM EST
Who out there makes a good one and can i get some feedback from some guys that have one about how they like them?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:37:19 AM EST
Not an expert and I don't own a 10MM BUT I have been looking at them...

COLT DELTA ELITE is the word on the street for a nice one.

I had a line on a good price but couldn't pull the trigger, said "line" is now gone so I now expect to pay $1,000+ for one
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:59:58 AM EST
I have owned a Colt Delta since 1986... my absolute favorite handgun. And if allowed to keep only one weapon, it would be my Delta.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:00:57 AM EST
EAA/Witness

imo a really nice pistol. not something you want to ccw since its full size and all steel. i iike it cuz its a cz copy.

i also have a COlt DE, but havent shot it. not sure if i will since its cherry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:13:17 AM EST
You only have a couple options.

Steel and cheap - EAA
Plastic Cheap - Glock
Nice revolver - S&W 610
Very Nice 1911 - Delta Elite, Dan Wesson
Collector - Bren Ten

Glock and EAA should be $500 or less
Expect to pay $1000 for the 1911's

I like my Deltas
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:01:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By 22LR:
EAA/Witness

imo a really nice pistol. not something you want to ccw since its full size and all steel. i iike it cuz its a cz copy.

i also have a COlt DE, but havent shot it. not sure if i will since its cherry.

the EAA's are pretty nice for the price.. I also own an EAA/Witness in .45. It's my carry peice.

I also have to say customer service at EAA is really good.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:13:17 AM EST
My Glock 20C is my nightstand gun. Inexpensive, dead nuts reliable, accurate, 15+1 capacity. 2000+ rounds of nuclear ammo (BB, DT, GA) without a single hiccup.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:20:59 AM EST
I have been thinking about picking up one of the new Glock 20SF pistols when they start to become more available. The Colt Deltas are also really nice, I would love to get one of those as well!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:25:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/11/2009 10:30:14 AM EST by gmtmaster]
EAA/Witness

imo a really nice pistol. quote]

Nope... Wanna see a 900.00 standard Wonderfinish 10mm Witness?? Here is a hint. Go look at one online, buy it for 400.00 and add 500.00 more in shipping back and forth to EAA for cracked slides .. Had 3... and broken frame rails.. Had two of those...( You pay shipping both ways for warranty work)..

Of course you will HAVE to shoot Double Tap because the interweb says you should... This WILL break the gun, and you are off to repair land...

Get this to collect....

(Dont shoot em' as you will reduce the population of 1350 total guns made..)

Or a Glock to shoot
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:53:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By gmtmaster:
EAA/Witness

Nope... Wanna see a 900.00 standard Wonderfinish 10mm Witness?? Here is a hint. Go look at one online, buy it for 400.00 and add 500.00 more in shipping back and forth to EAA for cracked slides .. Had 3... and broken frame rails.. Had two of those...( You pay shipping both ways for warranty work)..

Of course you will HAVE to shoot Double Tap because the interweb says you should... This WILL break the gun, and you are off to repair land...

Get this to collect....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/Brenstand.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/bren007.jpg

Or a Glock to shoot

That looks AWESOME!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:02:47 AM EST
Glock 20, hands down

SW 1006 a close 2nd

the best, toughest 10mm platforms out there (and i'm a 1911 guy too)
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:06:53 AM EST
I've got a Kimber 10mm an EAA Witness and a Glock 20... I need a 1006 really bad!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:01:26 PM EST
S&W 1006 ( that's a man's gun )

Glock ( you could even think of actually carrying it )

one of the most underrated calibers IMO.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 12:27:37 PM EST
I have a G20 and I love it. I'll be making it a longslide shortly. I want a Delta soon, but they're a little rich for my blood at this moment.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 1:46:32 PM EST
EAA/Witness

Get this to collect....

Or a Glock to shoot

your bren is nice, but try to find one.

sorry your EAA wasnt a good one, but it has been my experience that they are just as good as my other guns. ive had other NIB guns break on me, but i dont dis the whole brand/type. its just the luck of the draw. if you cant get over it, then its your problem, not mine and i still belive the EAA/Witness are good guns no matter how much you dont.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:22:20 PM EST
Read the message boards, they're filled with stories of unreliable and cracked 10mm Witness pistols. They had a serious problem and supposedly it was corrected, but I'd never fire a steady diet of full power rounds through a 10mm Witness.

Bren Tens are neat and nearly unobtainable. They also have a history of cracking problems.

The Glocks are stone cold reliable and will handle a steady diet of full power rounds. I've got a 20 and a 29.

The rumors are that the Delta's will eventually crack under full power loads. I've never owned one, so take with a grain of salt.

The S&W 10mm's are big, heavy, reliable and accurate. They also will handle a steady diet of full power loads. I hate slide mounted safeties, so I have the 1076 FBI model (although mine wasn't FBI issue). They're excellent guns, much under rated.

Dan Wesson makes a sweet 10mm pistol, I've heard great things about them. If I wanted a 10mm 1911 I'd get a DW.

The rest of the crowd, the Megastar, Javalina, Wyoming Arms, etc, etc, are all rather hit or miss.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:06:40 PM EST
EAA/Witness

Get this to collect....

Or a Glock to shoot

sorry your EAA wasnt a good one, but it has been my experience that they are just as good as my other guns. ive had other NIB guns break on me, but i dont dis the whole brand/type. its just the luck of the draw. if you cant get over it, then its your problem, not mine and i still belive the EAA/Witness are good guns no matter how much you dont.

Okey dokie... I have several Brens for sale BTW

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:22:27 PM EST
EAA/Witness

Get this to collect....

Or a Glock to shoot

Okey dokie... I have several Brens for sale BTW

as much as i would love to get a Bren, im not in a financial postion to buy much now. i will keep you and the Brens in mind tho if things get better.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:31:07 PM EST
My Glock 29 is my daily CCW. It was my father's CCW and when he passed away it became mine. Conceals very nicely. 10mm is a great round for concealed carry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:38:12 PM EST
Dan Wesson or Glock.....take your pick. A Delta if you could find one or wanted to drop a bit more coin. DW 10mm's are available several places online for around 1k or less.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:33:09 AM EST
this is the 10mm I that want . I will own one someday.

http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Perfect10/Perfect10.html

26rds of 10mm in one mag
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:51:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By ZachH:
this is the 10mm I that want . I will own one someday.

http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Perfect10/Perfect10.html

http://www.stiguns.com/guns/Perfect10/images/Perfect10-09_Main.jpg

26rds of 10mm in one mag

How are you going to hold that hand cannon?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:36:37 AM EST
Start with a Glock20.
Affordable, high cap mags, durable.
Cult followings usually have a good reason.
Deltas are ok, but a little expensive, less rounds than a Glock, and the recoil is a little more profound.
(Recoil is not really that bad with a 10 anyway. Only a pansie would complain!)
You will like either one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:39:22 PM EST
I have a Colt 10mm and have over 80,000 + rounds through it and on my second barrel. Love the weapon.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:29:49 PM EST
I have two 10mm 1911's
Kimber Stainless Target II, great gun.
Fusion 10mm Lonhslide,not so much.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:46:38 PM EST
Glock 20/29 if you a higher capacity, 1911 if you want an ergonomic grip or wait for the VLTOR Fortis if you want both traits.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:52:16 PM EST
I have a Glock 20, great gun, fairly accurate, very reliable, the one I carry when I feel the need to carry. I have a Witness wonder finish gun very accurate, not very dependable, only shoot light loads in it. My favorite is my 1006, a little big, you feel hardly any recoil even with hot loads. It is very dependable. You want to buy a gun you can shoot full power loads through, otherwise just buy a .40. And yes a new Fortis would be great. IMHO Out of the current models though the Glock wins hands down for price, and reliability.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:32:40 PM EST
I can only speak for The S&W 10xx series pistols. They are built like tanks, reasonably accurate and 100% reliable. I prefer the 1076 of the two, I can shoot it faster, have shot both in IDPA, and generally more accurate the the 1006. On the negative side they are a little heavy for CC, even the 1076. They can still be found at reasonable prices, I came across the 1006 a couple years ago at GM for a steal.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:06:37 AM EST
Funny thing I shot my 1076 just yesterday. It is hard to say if the 1076 or my Smith 610 wheel gun is my fav 10mm. I love both. Most of all I love the 10mm round.
I'm looking for a good 1006 or 1026 as well. Or I may get a G20.

Here is my 1076, I've tried both the straight grips and the FBI grip, I like the palm swell on the FBI a little better

Don't rule out a wheel gun. I love this thing.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:47:46 PM EST
I had a Delta I wish I would have never sold it and currently own a G20. I like the Glock but it is for sure an offensive weapon not a defensive weapon because you would have a easier time trying to conceal a 6 pack.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:56:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By reaper556:
I had a Delta I wish I would have never sold it and currently own a G20. I like the Glock but it is for sure an offensive weapon not a defensive weapon because you would have a easier time trying to conceal a 6 pack.

Whether or not you conceal a pistol or carry it openly doesn't have a damn thing to do with whether it's used in an offensive or defensive manner.

That being said, the G20 is a big gun to conceal, When I carry mine it's in a OWB holster in the woods or in a shoulder holster when riding a motorcycle, but I'm not all that worried about concealment in either of those situations.

Might want to consider a 29, they're considerably smaller than a 20 (but just as thick) or a S&W 1076, which almost as large as the 20, but very thin. It's also the easiest 10mm pistol to shoot I own or have tried. With the exact same load the difference in recoil from a Delta and a S&W 10 series is quite noticeable.
Top Top