Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/8/2015 1:11:28 PM EST
10-8
Wilson/Vickers

Looking at getting one of these two's sight sets for my G17, anybody have any experience with either? I like a U notch, and I want something a bit taller which both are, if anything else is I'm all ears.

Also front sight height, Wilson's site says everything but the 45s and 10mms need a taller front post, 10-8 says the long slides need a taller front post, any thoughts or experience?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 1:19:25 PM EST
Every single time I look at the 10-8 sights on their website, they are never in-stock.

Never.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 1:32:01 PM EST
I was looking at the same and I went with Trijicon HDs with the Yellow front. I love them, easy to pick up fast. Not cheap but I have four sets now, :-).
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:08:10 PM EST
I'm looking to put some new sights on a couple of my Glocks too, and think I'm going to go with the 10-8. I have a 10-8 rear on my Les Baer 1911, and prefer it to the Wilson Battlesight (essentially the same as the Vickers/Wilson Glock sight) on my CQB.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:05:22 PM EST
The biggest difference between them is the shape. The Wilsons have more of a classic Glock pyramid shape, while the 10-8s are more rectangular. Personally, I prefer the 10-8s.

You didn't list the front sight that you would be using, but neither of those will work with Glock factory front sights.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:01:36 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By awmp:
I was looking at the same and I went with Trijicon HDs with the Yellow front. I love them, easy to pick up fast. Not cheap but I have four sets now, :-).
View Quote

Same here, except only 2 sets.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 7:08:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:
The biggest difference between them is the shape. The Wilsons have more of a classic Glock pyramid shape, while the 10-8s are more rectangular. Personally, I prefer the 10-8s.

You didn't list the front sight that you would be using, but neither of those will work with Glock factory front sights.
View Quote

Plan is to get a front sight from whomever I purchase the rear from. Which is why I asked about the two manufacturers seemingly opposed front sight height reccommendations.

Didn't notice the 10-8s being out of stock when I looked, if they are I guess I'll see if anyone else stocks them. Not much choice between available and vaporware if not.

Thanks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:28:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/8/2015 9:29:31 PM EST by bhappycattle]
Definitely 10-8. I just ordered two sets yesterday, one for my newly acquired G19.2 and one for my TRP. I put a set of Heinie Straight 8 Slantpro's on my G30SF and like them a lot. I like the front night sight so I use the Heinie 318F Front with my 10-8's on my G19.4. I also ordered one for my G19.2. I just checked the 10-8 site and they don't show them out of stock right now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:36:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:23:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By Alpha82:

Plan is to get a front sight from whomever I purchase the rear from. Which is why I asked about the two manufacturers seemingly opposed front sight height reccommendations.

Didn't notice the 10-8s being out of stock when I looked, if they are I guess I'll see if anyone else stocks them. Not much choice between available and vaporware if not.

Thanks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alpha82:
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:

Thanks.

Brownells has 10-8 sights.

Don't over think the sight manufacturers' front sight height recommendations. Every gun is different, and if you really want a dead on POA then you'll need to zero your handgun just like you would a rifle. Unfortunately, that means swapping front sights to adjust elevation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:29:04 PM EST
I was a 10-8 rear/Warren white dot tritium front guy for a long time. I recently put a Warren front and rear on my Glock and like it the best so far.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:41:58 AM EST
I have the vickers sights and dig em. The lack of serrations near the rear notch lets me focus on the front sight better.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:12:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/9/2015 11:13:01 AM EST by erik996]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I was a 10-8 rear/Warren white dot tritium front guy for a long time. I recently put a Warren front and rear on my Glock and like it the best so far.
View Quote

I run Warrens on all my Glocks...plain rear with carry profile and tritium front. I'm 44 and picking up the front sight and getting the front and rear sights aligned is so much easier with this setup. The tall narrower front with the larger rear notch is what my eyes prefer. I recently have installed a few Ameriglo Hackathorn sight sets (plain rear, orange/tritium front) for some folks, and I like those too. They are also way under $100. The Hackathorne ones are a lot like the 10-8 sets.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:56:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By 220ST:
Every single time I look at the 10-8 sights on their website, they are never in-stock.

Never.
View Quote

Never. Ever.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:11:41 PM EST
I have 5 sets of Warren Tactical and have been slowly replacing everything I own with them. I did just buy a set of Defoors to try on my 17C. If I don't like them, it will get a set of Warrens too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:18:40 PM EST
I picked up the Wilson / Vickers set with the tritium front about a month ago. U notch is great. First time I have tried it and I love it
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 7:59:42 PM EST

I'm using 10-8 plain black rears with .156" notch and Dawson .110" wide plain black fronts on my G22 & G23.

This is my preferred setup now.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:10:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By thebert:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thebert:
Originally Posted By awmp:

Ditto, only my two sets are in orange flavor. Great sights!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:04:07 PM EST
I've used both and like both equally.

Pick which ones you think look best.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:17:39 PM EST
I put a 10-8 rear (.140" notch) and a Warren tactical tritium front with the white outline (.215" high, .125" wide) on my range pig 17 today. I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:07:34 AM EST
Screw 10-8
Pisses me off when they advertise the hell out of their products but when you go to purchase something NEVER in stock.
and they claim that they are always making some and will put them in stock.
I constantly go to their website and find that that is not true either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:59:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 2:00:07 PM EST by SSeric02]
Originally Posted By Tank77:
Screw 10-8
Pisses me off when they advertise the hell out of their products but when you go to purchase something NEVER in stock.
and they claim that they are always making some and will put them in stock.
I constantly go to their website and find that that is not true either.
View Quote

Weird, I ordered mine right after the holiday and got it this past week...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:41:20 PM EST
Run the 10-8 1.56 rear with the gold bead front on my 17L. Really like this set up. Had no problem placing the order or receiving it quickly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:21:41 AM EST
I run 10-8s on my Glocks. I like the .115" fronts on everything, but I use the wide notch rear (.156") on the short slide guns (26/19) and the narrow notch rear (.140") on the longer slide guns (17/34). It's worked out well for me so far.
Top Top