Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:09:19 AM EDT
Took it to the range yesterday to set the sights. After zeroing it at 25yds (at which range many of the shots were touching) I fired it at 100yds just to see what it would do. Firing with the muzzle sitting on a rest it was holding a 6" group. I was very impressed.
I think I have a deer hunting pistol now.
Oh yeah, the details,
7 1/2 barrel shooting winchester white box .44mag ammo.

I wonder how well it will do one handed and in the weaver stance?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:32:06 AM EDT
I have a 5.5 inch blued Redhawk. I am very impressed with it also. Here on my little farm I shoot steel targets at one hundred yards using my knee for support in the sitting position. Steel targets are 12" x 12". I hit them more often than not. Sometimes I'll hit with a full cylinder. I have a salt block out for the deer close to my range. The other day I shot it just for the heck of it at one hundred yards and the results were spectacular! Better than water jugs, though at $4.50 a piece the blocks can get rather expensive. The blocks will take about eight rounds before coming completely apart. For a heavy duty .44mag, you can't beat the Redhawk.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:33:33 PM EDT
I have the 5.5 stainless RH chambered for the 45 Colt, I use a 335 cast at 1320fps with very good accuracy. This particular Ruger was probably one of the worst Ruger Revolvers out of the box I have acquired, however the things that mattered were good (straight sights, correct size throats, very good trigger and a good barrel/ cyl gap) with minimal work it is now a very good Revolver.
Top Top