Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2012 8:00:00 AM EDT
I have only found like 3 online. all of them run in the 2k range. which seems excessive to me. They don't even shoot anything, well 2 of them shoot lasers, but I don't see that being helpfull without the even more expensive training system that uses it.

I did some research and if I feed the air through the existing barrel, I think I can build a system for around 100 bucks.
If I feed it through the mag well, I will need a new barrel, and it would probably run closer to 200. But that will depend on how cheap I can find a barrel to modify.

I guess the question is, does anyone care enough about automatically cycling the slide when dry firing that 200 bucks isn't too much to spend for practice.

It is close to the price of 22 conversion kits. but for those of us not able to get to ranges, it is more useful.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you wanting something that just resets the trigger when dry-firing, or are you looking for something that simulates recoil?

Have you seen the SIRT guns?  They reset the trigger.

http://nextleveltraining.com/

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#2]
never heard of them before. that is interesting, but yes I was looking for recoil.

my first shot is usually dead on.

I would like to get the feel for sight alignment after recoil on follow up shots.

played with the big thing springfield bolts onto their guns at a shot show once. never saw anything like it again. just started thinking about it the other day, and found some better smaller valves for co2 guns. found one small enough I think I can build something out of it.

might just be a one off. but wondered if there was even a market for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top