Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 5:07:26 AM EDT
All I really want to do to it is get some front cocking serrations and some real target sights.  

The grip looks nice enough to not get stipled, am I wrong?    (I don't have it yet)

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
All I really want to do to it is get some front cocking serrations and some real target sights.  

The grip looks nice enough to not get stipled, am I wrong?    (I don't have it yet)

God I hate those...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

In my opinion, they are a complete waste of money. Pour a few thousand rounds downrange before you go changing things...nothing functions better out of the box than a Glock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my opinion, they are a complete waste of money. Pour a few thousand rounds downrange before you go changing things...nothing functions better out of the box than a Glock.

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The only thing I did was put a Dawson FO front sight and a Heinie rear sight on mine.  I hate the 3rd gen. grips on the frame and I'm too cheap to pay someone to take them off, so I put a slip-on Hogue finger groove grip on and it made a world of difference to me and doesn't look near as goofy as I thought it would.

The factory finger grooves on the 3rd gen. Glocks just aren't comfortable for me at all,  I guess my fingers are too fat.

ETA

The Dawson front sight and Heinie rear sight are the best investments/upgrades I have ever made to a handgun, can't say enough good about them.  I actually placed with the Open class boys at our monthly IPSC shoot last weekend, first time shooting the G34 with the new sights!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Put some NS on it and spend your money on ammo and extra magazines.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I just recently got one & haven't even fired it yet (breaking it in tomorrow if nothing happens ), but I don't anticipate changing a thing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Exactly... The only change I made to my 34 was to add Ameriglo Operator night sights, the 34 doesn't need anything else except magazines and lots of ammo...

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I added an extended mag release, and extended slide release on mine.  With the extended mag release you have to have a stiff holster preferably with a hard left side.  That way it won't accidently get pressed,  bad JuJu.  My only complaint about the Glock was those 2 releases. 40 bucks later I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I've ahd a 3rd gen glock, didn't mind the finger grooves, what I did mind were the lack of front cocking serrations!  the front is just too damn smmoth to do a good press check.

But night sights are definitely going on these.  I have XS sights on my primary pistols, but this guy is really for the range only, so I'm looking for a target setup, e.g. maybe some adjustables....

what are good target night sights, so far I'm thinking bout the ameriglo ghost ring set.  I have the noval bar/dots on a 1911 of mine and while they are GREAT for snap shooting I do not consider them good 'target' sights.  same with XS sights.  I like the full ring idea of ameriglos though - though I'd rather have three dots than two.  Also not opposed to the mepro set:

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
The only thing I did for my 35 is put some Trijicons on it. I use this for comps and other serious use.

I did get a KKM 9mm conversion barrel to mess around with and some mags to go with it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Why are you putting night sights on it if it is for range use?  Night sights suck at the range
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I added an extended mag release, and extended slide release on mine...

(The purists will be along to beat up on you shortly... )
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why are you putting night sights on it if it is for range use?  Night sights suck at the range

I'm not good with black on black sights.......  they fuzz up too easy.  I need some kinda marks.  And if I'm gettin new sights, they may as well be night sights!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but now I can reload faster than them so it's ok.  And I have +5s anyway.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I would ditch the extended mag release for a standard model and swap the adjustable sights for some fixed Meprolites and get a Hogue grip sleeve. Other than that, just mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Exactly.

The only mod I'm even considering is swapping out the extended mag release for the standard model. I'm going to try it out for awhile and see if it works for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just out of curiosity, where did you get your +5s?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just out of curiosity, where did you get your +5s?

www.topglock.com/catalog/extensions.htm  We got 5 extra rounds of .40 not 4 like it says.  But wore stuff out pretty quick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:45:46 AM EDT
[#19]
If you really feel that you need front serrations there is another option that works great and won't hurt your gun.(personally I wouldn't use them except I shoot competition and they help) Get some skateboard tread tape and cut out 2 pieces that are about 1" x 1.5" and put them where you would want the serrations.  I have found that I get much better grip with this method then with serrations and you can get the stuff for a couple of bucks.  I use this method on a couple of different guns for ipsc and love it.  If you don't like it just peel it off!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry it took me a couple days to get here.  But in any case, the G34 comes from the factory with extended slide/mag releases.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry it took me a couple days to get here.  But in any case, the G34 comes from the factory with extended slide/mag releases.

Yeah I noticed that.  Mine looks identical to those.  It may be made by Glock.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Heinie Slant Pro sights
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I finally broke in my G34 last Friday afternoon before leaving town for the weekend, and the only thing I might change would be the sights - I loved everything else about it.  (Didn't hate the sights - but they could be better.)  It is my 7th Glock and I fully anticipate it becoming my favorite...

... well, at least until they come out with a long-slide .45ACP.  Or a carbine.  Or...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Send your pistol off to Robar to get front cocking serrations, a grip reduction with texturizing, and more fun stuff. I can speak on behalf of Robars quality. My 21 is awesome now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Send your pistol off to Robar to get front cocking serrations, a grip reduction with texturizing, and more fun stuff. I can speak on behalf of Robars quality. My 21 is awesome now.

The G34 is a 9mm with the same grip-profile of a G17 - unless his hands are very small, no need for a grip reduction.

But +1 on the quality of Robar's work - I have a few firearms that have received their "special touch."
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Custom Glock Racing has race cut Heinies that let a little more light show between the front and rear sights. Great for "Older" eyes! I've got them on two Glocks, love em.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#27]
NS and a NY trigger fro mine and then lots of +p+ ammo what joy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Dawson front fiber optic and target rear set, a titanium striker with reduced power striker spring, 3.5lb connector, spit and polish on the trigger bar and connector.  Skate tape on the grip and your ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Here's what I've done:
Dawson front sight, Heinie rear sight, Wolff competition spring pack (reduced weight striker and trigger return springs), 13# recoil spring, stainless guide rod, Ghost Rocket.

If I were going to go all-out, I'd get a tungsten recoil rod and a CGR trigger job.  I use mine as a range/competition gun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top