Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2007 11:12:40 AM EDT
Aim has these for $750 and I'm thinking of getting rid of my G21 since it is a pain to carry IWB. Is this a good one to get? I have had 2 1911s before and both were older Colts, and I am starting to miss them now.

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_Kimber_Custom_II_.45acp_1911_Pistol.html
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not a fan, but many on here are.

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's a good price, not GREAT but good.

Agreed.

I wouldn't point and laugh at you if that is what you paid for a Custom II, if that's what you're asking ;)
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]
At the fun store yesterday,saw a Kimber 10mm Target in Stainless for 9 bills.  Is that a fair price? Its been ages since I got a new pistol.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I have carried the Custom ll Stainless Kimber for two years and it is a super performer. I had Springfield Armory machine checker the front grip area with 25 lines per inch. Also I installed a Ed Brown mag chute and use Wilson mags. If I were to do it over I would buy the Kimber TLE Stainless only because  the checkering and night sights are included.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I have that in the basic black and it shoots great.  I paid less for mine but like the others have said it is good but not great in price.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Well,
When I got back from the sandbox the second time, I was at a range, saw a custom 2 in the new gun counter, said what the hell, bought it. I then bought a small bottle of Breakfree CLP, stopped by the range counter and bought 300 rounds of 45 and 3 chip Mc Cormick mags, went on the firing line, threw in some clp, and proceeded to fire all 3oo rounds, with NO malfunctions. I was expecting at least a few, but I had none. So the custom II definetly gets my vote, but I like mine in the black oxide finish. Also, all teh malfunctions people report, are probably because they are holding the gun like a bitch. Man up, hold on, eat that recoil and the gun will do just fine. Just my opinion, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like Kimbers.  They have a bad reputation mostly in part because of the bright idea to come out with an EE.  That and more than a few have had to return their Kimber more than once.  That is the worst.  My Custom II with IE ran like a top and I only sold it to buy a Baer.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well,
When I got back from the sandbox the second time, I was at a range, saw a custom 2 in the new gun counter, said what the hell, bought it. I then bought a small bottle of Breakfree CLP, stopped by the range counter and bought 300 rounds of 45 and 3 chip Mc Cormick mags, went on the firing line, threw in some clp, and proceeded to fire all 3oo rounds, with NO malfunctions. I was expecting at least a few, but I had none. So the custom II definetly gets my vote, but I like mine in the black oxide finish. Also, all teh malfunctions people report, are probably because they are holding the gun like a bitch. Man up, hold on, eat that recoil and the gun will do just fine. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Wow, so holding a gun "like a bitch" will result in parts breakage like this?

Learn something new every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top