Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2010 5:50:08 AM EDT
I looked at the refinishing forum but didnt find what i want.

I have a storm lake treaded barrel, adapter, and bushing, I would like to get refinished in a tough matte black. I didn't figure blueing would hold up, nor duracoat.

Black oxide maybe, there somthing else I dont recall what its called. But i'm looking for someone who does good work and can turn small parts around in a week or two at the most.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate to say it but probably Coal Creek Armory.  There's a finisher up the road from you in Maysville, but he may not be that quick.  Check with Shep's in Flemingsburg or Mike Hill in West LIberty.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
freedom gun works has a finish called aranite which is similar to ion bond and is tough and they are very reasonably priced.  Just have to call and talk with bobby for a quote
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrels are usually in-the-white or stainless for a reason - that being no finish will stay on them because most of the barrel is subjected to rubbing during gun operation. They blued the barrels in the military 1911s but they didn't stay that way for long. Probably the ion-bond or a hard chrome in black would be your best bet, but it's a losing proposition.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Might not be done in a week, but totally worth it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks i'll check it out, the high wear areas i'm not worried about because their inside the slide. I want the top of my barrel and flash hider and exposed areas to be subdued. Shiny stuff not cool. Spray paint is much cheaper but it just won't hold up very long in this case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top