Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2020 9:09:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:00:52 AM EDT

Mine is almost exactly like that one!!!

Here I was building mine to be similar to Danish P320 so now my M18 looks like this!
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:12:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:18:19 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not sure the pictured one is anything like kit in the article.

The kit is issued with a black grip and 15rd mags so I'm wondering if it's an X-Compact grip. It also says nothing about the safety, and that's not a "user level" change.

They're have been a few configurations SIG has floated to USSOCOM as an "MHS SOPMOD" in both full size and carry configurations. I'm making the assumption that the pictured configuration is another one, but not the one the article mentions.

Here are the other "MHS SOPMOD" pictures that have been floating around.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/Sig_Mil_03-958x639-1603540.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/108584/98D429C0-965F-4F38-87FB-358C477A6CCD-1603541.jpg

Judging by the wording, this is something slightly different.
View Quote

My guess is that it is the X Carry (but why black?? Must be wrong hopefully) as the X Compact dust cover / pic rail would not sit flush with the M18 slide. But onto the important question and that is who makes the RMR adapter???

ETA: WTF??? No safety??? Dammit I cut the safety notch in mine
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:30:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:31:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:37:21 AM EDT
Ok I went back and read the part about the 15 round magazines... that seems a little dumb if that is the only option. Great for concealed though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 9:14:21 AM EDT
Quoted:
Ok I went back and read the part about the 15 round magazines... that seems a little dumb if that is the only option. Great for concealed though.
View Quote

Still works with 17rd, 21rd, etc, obviously.  Same principle behind the G19 within USSOCOM
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 2:22:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 2:30:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:55:50 PM EDT
Quoted:

Ok, so a safety delete is included in the kit too?

I kinda like that setup. Almost feels like I need another M18 to screw around with.

Slide looks out of battery
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ok, so a safety delete is included in the kit too?

I kinda like that setup. Almost feels like I need another M18 to screw around with.

Slide looks out of battery

Correct, no safety.  Yeah, it is OOB
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:52:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 1:16:02 AM EDT
It’s just stupid to think the military is ever going to actually utilize all the gimmicky “modularity” features of the P320. They should’ve bought Glocks and been done with it. /Sarc

OH wait this is a tech thread...

That is a very technically intriguing firearm.

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 4:51:33 AM EDT
It wouldn't surprise me if Sig dumped the original grips. At this point everyone wants either the X-Series grips or the WC grips. I liked the X series grips until I got the WC grip. THAT grip should be the he standard issue grip.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 2:14:30 PM EDT
Quoted:
It wouldn't surprise me if Sig dumped the original grips. At this point everyone wants either the X-Series grips or the WC grips. I liked the X series grips until I got the WC grip. THAT grip should be the he standard issue grip.
View Quote

I like the x grips. But I prefer the regular.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 8:06:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 8:20:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:05:19 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Flat trigger?

I didn't realize how easy the trigger swap was.
I already had notched out the grip for the safety. But where is the safety elimination coming from?

The x grips are not comfortably with the safety
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:17:33 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote
What about the magwell?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:09:38 PM EDT
Quoted:
What about the magwell?
View Quote

They mean the integrated flare of the polymer inside the grip module itself, not a secondary piece that gets attached
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 12:23:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:01:11 PM EDT
Video says with or without manual safety, when discussing the X grips.

Seems too many Optional choices to nail down what exactly the m18X is, for now?
Be interesting to see what Sig will market as the m17/18X line.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:25:45 PM EDT
Quoted:

Mine is almost exactly like that one!!!

https://soldiersystems.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/img_3779.jpg

Here I was building mine to be similar to Danish P320 so now my M18 looks like this!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:02:11 PM EDT
Quoted:
@coregon this video someone posted in the Danish P320 thread seems to indicate there are multiple variants of the "M18X"

Both the FDE X-Carry pictured in the article, and the black X-Compact kit. Is this correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G5zoqgBoeQ
View Quote

There are multiples, yes.  Think of M17X/M18X as a “family” of guns - some already out there with SMU’s.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:18:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 3:05:37 AM EDT
Quoted:

Love. This.

I was assured multiple times over by the internet that "those units who chose their own guns would never choose the P320 MHS family" and "the military will never utilize such pointless and gimmicky modularity".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are multiples, yes.  Think of M17X/M18X as a “family” of guns - some already out there with SMU’s.

Love. This.

I was assured multiple times over by the internet that "those units who chose their own guns would never choose the P320 MHS family" and "the military will never utilize such pointless and gimmicky modularity".

I love pissing off Glock fanboyz!

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:56:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 9:30:26 PM EDT
Quoted:

Love. This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love. This.

The redemption feels good

I saw on this site someone got a surplus M17 that had a fairly well used size small grip on it.  That tells me the big army was using the various grip modules as well, another thing GD said would never happen.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:25:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:06:13 AM EDT
Quoted:

I really really want to see what those guns actually are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My guess is a P320 X Full Size Pro (short dust cover) with a DPP.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:54:05 AM EDT
Quoted:

I saw on this site someone got a surplus M17 that had a fairly well used size small grip on it.  That tells me the big army was using the various grip modules as well, another thing GD said would never happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are multiples, yes.  Think of M17X/M18X as a "family" of guns - some already out there with SMU's.

Love. This.

That may have been mine. I'm still waiting on FOIA, but according to someone here who looked it up, it was assigned to D Co., 1/506th INF.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:18:50 AM EDT
Quoted:

That may have been mine. I'm still waiting on FOIA, but according to someone here who looked it up, it was assigned to D Co., 1/506th INF.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/622/img_0896a-1591365.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/622/img_0900a-1591368.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are multiples, yes.  Think of M17X/M18X as a "family" of guns - some already out there with SMU's.

Love. This.

Yep, it was yours I saw.  I'd be willing to bet it didn't ship from Sig with a small grip installed, and the unit swapped that on there for the end user.  Its only a single data point, but someone out there actually used the various grip modules provided.

The internet swore up and down that would never happen and the modularity was a waste of money

Those are cool handguns to have in the collection.  I really missed out by not buying one when they were released.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:47:54 AM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

See my comments above about SMU's already fielding unit spec'd guns
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:06:09 PM EDT
Quoted:

Yep, it was yours I saw.  I'd be willing to bet it didn't ship from Sig with a small grip installed, and the unit swapped that on there for the end user.  Its only a single data point, but someone out there actually used the various grip modules provided.

The internet swore up and down that would never happen and the modularity was a waste of money

Those are cool handguns to have in the collection.  I really missed out by not buying one when they were released.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love. This.

my Surplus gun came with a well used Large grip module on it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:12:43 PM EDT
What frame is the best for concealed carry if the stock frame is too big?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:55:20 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love. This.

I wonder if the PVD finish on the actual mil guns is thicker or a different formula than what is found on the civilian M17/M18. One of my M18s is showing a lot of holster wear. Even leather vice jaws wear the finish on it is so thin.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:30:30 AM EDT
Quoted:

I wonder if the PVD finish on the actual mil guns is thicker or a different formula than what is found on the civilian M17/M18. One of my M18s is showing a lot of holster wear. Even leather vice jaws wear the finish on it is so thin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love. This.

Troy Coyote Tan cerakote is an option for refinishing.
Attachment Attached File

Cerakote on the left, factory finish on the right.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 3:48:38 AM EDT
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457660/3FC6C96F-EAE9-4D9D-BD0E-66360CD95A69_jpe-1628675.JPG

View Quote

@jackal-FnM

Who did your cerakote?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:27:00 AM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:19:09 PM EDT
Quoted:

@jackal-FnM

Who did your cerakote?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457660/3FC6C96F-EAE9-4D9D-BD0E-66360CD95A69_jpe-1628675.JPG

@jackal-FnM

Who did your cerakote?

Area 15 in Mesa, AZ
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:21:00 AM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love. This.

I have a civilian P320-M17, a commemorative M17, and an actual army issued “surplus” M17.

The civilian gun had the most consistent color and finish, slightly lighter than the other 2. It has some minor holster wear from 2 classes and 1 USPSA match I used it in.

The commemorative and army issued gun are both slightly darker but less uniform in color. The commemorative lives in a show case on a bookshelf in my office so the finish is unmarred. The Army issued gun has TONs of holster wear. Worse than my civilian gun that I put The miles on. I think they all look cool, but they’re guns and it’s not about how they look.

I have another SIG coyote PVD “pro” slide actually on my gun now. That slide’s finish seems to be holding up better. It’s uniform in color and slightly darker than my civilian M17 but not as dark as the other 2.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:06:35 PM EDT
Intresting. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:19:57 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote

@Coregon - Two questions, 1. How many different SMU variants are you currently aware of and are there details/pics you can share of more of them, and 2. Can you start a thread in GD on this subject so that we can all bask in the delicious tears of unfathomable sadness from the Gaston gang?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:15:31 PM EDT
Quoted:

@Coregon - Two questions, 1. How many different SMU variants are you currently aware of and are there details/pics you can share of more of them, and 2. Can you start a thread in GD on this subject so that we can all bask in the delicious tears of unfathomable sadness from the Gaston gang?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried that in GD. Had a few bites, but not many takers. LOL

Here is the thread
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:15:19 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1)

2) haha
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 11:26:38 AM EDT
Any word if SIG will be offering a M18 Commemorative?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:09:58 PM EDT
I think it’s time we have a dedicated “P320 in the military” thread in this subforum - Oh look, I just made one
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 11:59:58 AM EDT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfT2miPvgnw

I am a Glock guy, who has purchased two stripped FCUs, and is looking for build ideas. That's definitely going to be one of them.
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.