Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2004 4:17:32 PM EDT
I'm stationed in Korea right now and would like to find a training gun that simulates a 92sf.  I know about red/blue guns but I would like to be able to practice IAD's and mag changes along with trigger squeeze.  Seems to me the only thing I can do with a red/blue are presentations and retention.  The other thing is it has to be allowed in my barracks room which means NO PROJECTILES AND LOOKS FAKE.  If anybody knows of a training gun with a working slide, trigger, mag well, safety, and slide stop I'd love to hear about it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't there a firearms range where you can goto practice with a real firearm?
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
lovely korea... you at casey or red cloud? What is the name of that club  they have King dragon? i can't remember now. Anyway, you'll be hard pressed to find something to meet the barrack requirements. I would say an airsoft pistol. Could you get by with a non-working pistol? like beat to hell 92 , seal the barrel and paint it bright orange or red? If you're Army , HOOAH! If you're not, sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
David,
In short no.  The army requirement is once every 6 months.  I usually spend about 2 hours a week doing presentations, IAD's, reloads, and dry firing,  In addition to this I normally shoot 150-250 rounds a week through pistols alone.  So no there is not really the ability to do that.

Aim,
Thought about the beat to hell 92 but if push comes to shove in a health and welfare that frame still constitutes a firearm and I'm not willing to become a private again.

I'm at eagle I wish I was at one of those big posts with all the nice stuff though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
ok brother... can you get away with a air soft pistol with a non-functioning barrel? i made a point to look at one today for you.All controls operate correctly. The end of the barrel is tipped orange. Will that work?let me know , if so i can get you one at cost.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Get to know the armor real well.  Go down to the arms room during lunch, sgts time, maintance or any other time that you can and practice in the arms room.  After all it is training.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top