Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 6:11:33 AM EDT
just curious of the pros and cons of each...

tia
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Compensated pistols make a lot of flash in dark environments.  They're louder too.  Recoil is less obviously, but who needs recoil assistance with a 9mm?

I don't.  I own a Glock 17 with a Streamlight M6 under the barrel.  Perfect as is.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't try shooting one from retention. You'll get a face full of hot gas and unburnt powder.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys - i guess a face full of muzzle blast isnt such a good idea and not worth the tradeoff.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 19C as the house gun for my wife.  Much louder at the indoor range, makes my fillings hurt if I don't close my mouth when shooting!

Flash is a function of powder, I have been able to get that down to a non issue.

I had to buy a regular barrel so I could use it in IDPA, no porting allowed.  No real difference overall but it does work for really fast double taps, the slide does not even raise between shots.

If I ever get around to getting a 20 or 21 it will be a C for sure, then just the extra barrel like I did on the 19.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks GTZ - i had no idea a compensated glock was not allowed in IDPA competitions.  what kind of ammo do you use that limits the muzzle blast?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top