Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2021 9:00:41 PM EDT
Don't own a 3D printer but im looking into a better way to obtain molds for creating kydex holsters. I was wondering if anyone here knew of any stl files out there for the common handguns such as Glock, S&W, Sig, etc. I found a couple just googling around, but I'm looking for a more relieable source where I know the dimensions are going to be accurate. Thanks ahead of time for your insight guys.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
3D printing molds is a good way to end up with a bad mold. Quality molds are aluminum.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
3d printers will print a dimensionally-accurate mold just fine.

The bigger issue is they're likely to warp with any significant heat.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I would suggest you email Cooks Holsters since they actually make the majority of molds that are used by other kydex holster makers even though they are a kydex holster makers themselves.

Don't know how they have all their patterns for molds stored but they might have them stored in 3D computer files which could be converted for use in 3D printers.

Doesn't hurt to ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top