Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 5:00:14 PM EDT
During reassembly of the 228, are the flats of the trigger pivot pin supposed to be up or down....(changing out my trigger tonight)?  The trigger change instructions at the top of this forum (under disassembly) indicate the flats go up (so that they're facing toward the hammer), but I think that's wrong as I couldn't get the locking insert to go in all the way to get the takedown lever holes to line up with the locking insert hole.  Plus I found some vague AGI info on the internet suggesting the flats go down (facing 180 degrees away from the hammer).  Unfortunately I didn't realize there was an up or a down when I disassembled so didn't notice the flats right away.  I put the flats down and the gun seemed to reassemble and function without ammo OK.  Just want to be sure before I fire it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
During reassembly of the 228, are the flats of the trigger pivot pin supposed to be up or down....(changing out my trigger tonight)?  The trigger change instructions at the top of this forum (under disassembly) indicate the flats go up (so that they're facing toward the hammer), but I think that's wrong as I couldn't get the locking insert to go in all the way to get the takedown lever holes to line up with the locking insert hole.  Plus I found some vague AGI info on the internet suggesting the flats go down (facing 180 degrees away from the hammer).  Unfortunately I didn't realize there was an up or a down when I disassembled so didn't notice the flats right away.  I put the flats down and the gun seemed to reassemble and function without ammo OK.  Just want to be sure before I fire it.  Thanks.

Are you refering to the breech block and the trigger bar pin?  If so, the bar needs to be indexed to recieve the breech. Its tough to explain in writing so watch this.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH5KUP9qoaw

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Insert trigger pivot pin from the right, notches down and the slot at the end of the pin left and horizontal.

Quote from my armorer's manual.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the info, guys.  The assembly instructions at the top of the forum, included in how to swap triggers are wrong then, including the diagram shown......assuming I'm reading them correctly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top